PDA

View Full Version : display preferences

Don Johnson
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
In BW7, we were able to move the search window over to the right hand side of the screen and the command line to the bottom. In BW8, it appears that this is not possible??? Or else it is not obvious to me if it is!

This isn't a huge deal, but I have been working with my display like this since I can remember, so change is hard. I realize that some options have to be disabled as new features are added, so I can get used to it if I have to. I guess.

Also, it appears that the cross references are only accessible in the X-Ref tab, is that correct? I liked the old way, with it quick at hand in the Analysis tab. Again, not a huge deal, just wondering.

ingosorke
01-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I also lament the loss of screen customization. But, may be it is time for change . . . :p

Ingo

SkipB
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I remember when 7 came out. Somewhere Mike Bushell encouraged people to work with the command center on the left for a while and give it a chance. Now when I am helping a student with an older setup that has command line on the right, it feels awkward. It's not a steep learning curve, just give it a chance.

Don Johnson
01-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Well, my problem with it is that the eye naturally goes to the top left corner (at least that is what advertising people tell me). I would rather have the text I am studying there, not the command line.

Petzi
01-27-2009, 10:49 AM
same applies to me, from 3.5 on always text on the left, command line on the right.:(