PDA

View Full Version : BW8: Conflict and BW7 Folder

chawoott
01-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi all!

Sometime back I was told that if I had BW7 and the Libronix/Logos program on the same computer that conflicts would occur, mainly caused by the fonts (if I recall correctly). Is this still true for BW8? I'd sure like to have both on my laptop.

The other question is, do I still need to keep the BW7 folder with all its intendant files on my hard drive? BW8 is working just fine.

thanX!!

{charley}

Ben Spackman
01-24-2009, 11:43 AM
You don't need to keep the BW7 folder (though if you had particular version files or color files or other things, you'll want to transfer those into the appropriate BW8 folder.)

I have BW8 and Logos on my Dell XP desktop and XP under Parallels on my Macbook, without any conflicts that I can detect.

Edit: There was a minor conflict with fonts in BW7, but rebooting always fixed it for me, and I've not seen that problem in BW8.

chawoott
01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
thanX!! Ben. I'll delete the BW7 folder, then. There was nothing special to copy over. I won't be able to say the same if there is a BW9..:D
---on hobby horse---:(
Speaking of reboots, I'm one of the 3 people in the world that dislike them with a passion. It is 2009 according to my calendar, not 1989. We should never have to reboot for any reason. (As an example of complex software, I run my mail server, ftp server, web server, etc., on a regular tower computer here in the den, and the upgrades to the software have never required a reboot.) So, there really is no excuse to do so for routine upgrades for any software.
---off hobby horse---:)
OK... I'll give the laptop a whirl by installing BW8 to see what happens. I'll give the others here an opportunity to weigh in before I get to it later this week.
thanX!! very much for your help.
{charley}