PDA

View Full Version : version 8 copy function

jintoku
01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I am having a dickens of a time working with the ctrl-b copy function in version 8. It appears to be very erratic, and sometimes works and sometimes doesn't There also doesn't seem to be a way to not include verse numbers, as there was in version 7.

I also used to be able to copy directly into Word Perfect, but it appears only MS Word is now supported. Yes, it's only one more keystroke to paste from the clipboard, but it does seem a shame.

I was working earlier today and was able to copy text once to the clipboard, and paste it into my document; but then a second attempt was met with no copying -- just the same clipboard text over and over again. On my repeated attempts the program froze and I had to terminate via the Task Manager.

This is a major disappointment as this was a feature I used more than any other in assembling documents and doing research.

Win Vista 64, 6 Gb

Jintoku

Ben Spackman
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Have you seen this thread about the pop-up copy function in BW8?

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467

kpurcell
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I confirm that CTRL-B to open the popup copy window does not work on mine.

Also that is a real shame that one cannot copy directly to any other word processor other than Word. Many here use OpenOffice too and it should allow you to copy to any of these since Word, OpenOffice and WordPerfect are the likely suspects.

Ken Neighoff
01-23-2009, 04:47 PM
to use the pop up copy function- you must use control+shift+B.

jintoku
01-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Ben, I took a look at that thread. Seems others are having the same problem as me, including the freeze up. This all seemed much more intuitive under version 7 -- and now the options appear in so many places it's confusing. I've been using BW since version 3, but on this feature it seems to be a step backwards in utility.

jintoku
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Ken, I should have said, ctrl-shift-b; it's a keystroke to which I was so accustomed under version 7 that I don't even think about it! It was probably my second most used feature of BW, after search itself.