PDA

View Full Version : Copying BW 7 files into BW 8

jarnett0001
01-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I am very novice when it comes to computers as far as what types of files do what, etc. I have just installed BW 8 after uninstalling BW7. I have read that I can copy my old user notes to BW 8 from BW 7, but how do I do it? I am running on a laptop with Windows XP. I have not created any new user notes in BW 8. I have found the "notes" folder from my BW 7, and I replaced the BW 8 notes folder with the BW 7 one, and still my user notes don't work. Can someone please help me? I also had made all the Words of Christ in red lettering in the KJV manually and I need to locate it and apply it as weel. Please help me!!

Adamsen
01-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I am very novice when it comes to computers as far as what types of files do what, etc. I have just installed BW 8 after uninstalling BW7. I have read that I can copy my old user notes to BW 8 from BW 7, but how do I do it? I am running on a laptop with Windows XP. I have not created any new user notes in BW 8. I have found the "notes" folder from my BW 7, and I replaced the BW 8 notes folder with the BW 7 one, and still my user notes don't work. Can someone please help me?

First, you could check if you and BW8 agrees on the location of the notes. In the BibleWorks directory, open the bw800.ini file and check the entry "Dir_Notes". This directory should contain your notes. If they are "freely" created, they may be elsewhere. If you are looking for verse or chapter notes, they must be in this chapter, the verse notes in subdirectories.

If BW8 is looking for the "wrong" directory, you can change the Notes Directory in the editor. Do note that floating editor and the Tab-editor have separate configuration files.

See the attached picture for how to do it.

I also had made all the Words of Christ in red lettering in the KJV manually and I need to locate it and apply it as weel. Please help me!!

If you have not named it yourself (can't remember if that it possible, though), you should be able to find a file in the BW7-database directory. It is named after the version and has a .clr filetype. So, KJV.clr is my guess, but you have to find this CLR file. Copy it to the BW8 database directory. I think that you could also copy all the CLR files to the new directory (be careful if you overwrite any files), and then you should be up and running.

Hope this helps.