PDA

View Full Version : Export text question

gesnipes
01-17-2009, 06:57 PM
In Bibleworks 7 the exported text included the entire name of the book of the Bible. I can only get it to export the 3 letter code in version 8. How do you get the whole book name when cutting and pasting into a document?

gesnipes
01-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I discovered another oddity that may help explain what I am trying to do. When I use the pop up copying option the passage pastes as follows:

Matthew 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?"

When I cut from the browser window (which is where I usually copy my text) it pastes as follows:

Mat 17:19 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?"

In the settings, the same flag is used <book> but the browser window abbreviates and the pop up window does not. Does anyone know how to get the export pasting option in the browser window to use the same full bookname?

revaaron
01-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I see the 'oddity' you speak of and I am getting the same results. I'll keep fiddling around with it and see what I come up with. I'm sure someone else will find the result before I do, but I'll try anyhow.

Peace,

Greg Ward
01-17-2009, 08:33 PM
BW8 has different settings for different methods of copying. It also apprears to be able to store "Favorite" pre-sets for recall. I'm still trying to figure it all out. Tools/Options/Output Format Options. There are three different output types, and then in the latter two you can store Favorite settings. (See Help ch 50 Output Format Options )

SkipB
01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Well I tried to change the export names in BW8. I used the book names dialog in the options window, after clicking on the 1st column as the legend says, I changed the export name for one book but when I tried to save, it said you can't change a system file. So was still getting abbreviation for browse text export.
Also even though I have "remove cr/lf" checked in export options but when I copy browse text I still get cr/lf after every verse.

calvary
01-18-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm going to quote my mantra from the other thread. Version 7 exporting was superior. Now I just gotta convince tech support of that. :p:D;)

Dave