PDA

View Full Version : error 089954-6

dgoepfrich
01-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I have submitted this error to customer support twice with no response. Maybe someone can help me here.

Ever since updating BW7 to 7.0.020a.1 a couple of weeks ago, I have been getting this error within minutes after starting BW:

"BibleWorks has encountered an unrecoverable error (089954-6). Please contact BibleWorks customer service."

If I click "OK" (the only option), BW closes. If I do nothing, that box duplicates. BW is completely unusable when that box is present. It does this every time.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Daniel

Michael Hanel
01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Chances are you're best waiting to work with BW support, but if you want you can try a few other things. Hold down shift key when you double click on the BW8 icon to start the program. This should bring up a trouble-shooting option box. You can either try restoring a previous version or delete your INI file and try again. Note if you have preferences saved in BW8, this would reset everything, but right now it doesn't sound like you're able to use the program anyway.

No one else has reported this error before. What kind of setup are you using?

dgoepfrich
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I completely forgot about the troubleshooting start-up option (thankfully I don't have to use it much!).

I opened the last restore point, and it has been working perfectly since. I haven't run updates again, but if the same problem occurs when I do, I'll just roll it back again.

As far as my setup, I'm running BW7 on my Vista Business desktop (not SP1 yet) and my XP Pro SP3 laptop. Both have the same error running the 7.0.020a.1 version.

After reading on your blog about all of the cool new features, I'm saving my pennies for BW8!

Thanks,

Daniel

jpcsmcmjc
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I have the same error and I plan on following the instructions above.