PDA

View Full Version : Estimation on Response

Eric
01-16-2009, 01:13 AM
If someone at BW happens to see this, I wonder if you would mind giving us an indication as to how backed up you are. I realize that you are overwhelmed right now - that's no problem.

However, I sent an inquiry about my BDAG code on 1/10 and have gotten a reply. I don't want to resend something or call because that will just back things up further, but it does make me wonder if the request got lost in the backlog... If I knew you were about two weeks behind or working on requests for a certain date, that would be helpful.

If this is not possible, I understand and will wait patiently...

Thanks!

Gospelizer
01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
No question, this would be helpful. Not sure if it is realistic though.

bshauger
01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Have you seen this on the BibleWorks home page?

"We're working to respond to your email and phone inquiries as quickly as possible, but because of the large response to BibleWorks 8, there is a longer delay than usual. Thank you for your patience!

January 14, 2009 Shipment Status: BibleWorks 8 began shipping on January 5, 2009. Orders are being fulfilled first for those having paid for expedited shipment and then regular orders (3-5 business days in the US, 6-10 business days international) in the order received. Because of the volume of orders, it will take several days for all orders to be shipped."

Oh, and I posted a time line for codes from my experience in another thread - Prior Unlock Codes.

Eric
01-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks Bruce. Yes, I did see the message on the homepage. Your post on the timing for your codes concerned me that mine might be lost. I see you emailed your old codes to them on the 14th and received a response on the 16th.

I sent my original BDAG code to them on the 10th and have not heard anything. I assume they are working "first in, first out" method, so if they had worked on your request from the 14th maybe mine is lost in cyberspace...:(

I'll continue to wait...

bshauger
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
They must really be overwhelmed. I am sure it didn't help to have an automated system do part but not all the work.

I didn't expect mine to come back as fast as they did after reading that this was a common problem. Did you reply to the unlock code email with your old unlocks? Not sure it matters but that's what I did. the second response I received this morning was from a different BWW email address and looked different. It came from the General Manager.

I am sure your's will appear quickly!

tcblack
01-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Despite the problems that it's causing my fellow BW users I'm rather happy about the long delays because it certainly indicates wide demand for BW8 which is a clear vindication of the time invested for the BibleWorks folks.

Mind you, its easy for me to be happy at this point ;-). Yet I join you all in hoping they'll get it all sorted out soon.

Gospelizer
01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Have you seen this on the BibleWorks home page?

"We're working to respond to your email and phone inquiries as quickly as possible, but because of the large response to BibleWorks 8, there is a longer delay than usual. Thank you for your patience!

January 14, 2009 Shipment Status: BibleWorks 8 began shipping on January 5, 2009. Orders are being fulfilled first for those having paid for expedited shipment and then regular orders (3-5 business days in the US, 6-10 business days international) in the order received. Because of the volume of orders, it will take several days for all orders to be shipped."

Oh, and I posted a time line for codes from my experience in another thread - Prior Unlock Codes.

Saw it, but it really doesn't give any indication concerning what the turn-over time would be to get your old unlock codes. This is obviously a widespread problem, so it would be nice to have a general idea of customer wait time. I sent my request January 13th.

Having said that they obviously are massively backed up, and so it is very difficult for them to respond in a timely manner. If they could have responded they would have. They do a wonderful job.

Just a wish more than anything, I guess.

Your timeline was helpful though. Thank-you.

Mark R. Ensign
01-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Yesterday I received an email with new BW8 codes for my modules purchased for previous versions. But I've received no email about my order being shipped. Seems a bit backwards from what others have experienced. So we'll wait patiently for communication or a package to arrive.

Thank God for his wonderful servants at BibleWorks. How about a moment of thanksgiving for God empowering them to provide this amazing tool to help us use and understand his Word and for their responding to the challenge?

Mark R. Ensign
Amarillo, TX

Gospelizer
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Received my codes via email for BDAG and HALOT today! Praise the Lord!

Eric
01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Great news Bob! When did you originally send them your old codes?

Gospelizer
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
My first request was sent Jan. 13.

Eric
01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I received a call and an email today with my codes! :)

I'm back in business!

calvary
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I sent my email and old codes on 1/16. So maybe mine will come soon.

Dave

Gospelizer
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Dave, it sounds like they are getting caught up quickly now. It shouldn't be long. Let us know when you get your codes.