PDA

View Full Version : Best New Feature

Sansom48
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I am taking a stab at making a poll, with respects to Adelphos who originally had the idea (as you can see from a few threads down.) I do not have BW 8 yet so I have gotten the list from items mentioned in the "Things to love in Bibleworks 8" blog by Mike Hanel. So please vote.

Sansom48
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
By the way if anyone wants to visit the blog to which I refer it is here (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?cat=41) at the unofficial Bibleworks blog.

Michael Hanel
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Nice. Can you also still edit the poll in case people have other things they like or are the options fixed now?

Sansom48
01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Nice. Can you also still edit the poll in case people have other things they like or are the options fixed now?

I have searched around, but do not see a button for edit at all on the poll. So, unfortunately I think to add I may have to create a new poll, however, now that I know what to do it wouldn't be that hard if a lot of people requested certain things. This is what I was afraid of which is why I used your list. You can only add up to 35 things to vote on as well, but with only 14 we are way under our limit.

Sansom48
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
So far x-refs are winning.

Sansom48
01-16-2009, 03:36 PM
I have to admit, looking at the few votes that are coming in, I am excited about the x-refs feature. I don't have BW8 yet, but yesterday I received the e-mail that it shipped, so any day now, and then I will have to play around with these new features.

Sansom48
01-16-2009, 03:36 PM
by the way, if a feature that you would like to be on here is not on here, feel free to post it down here.

bshauger
01-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for doing this...we may learn a lot from one another!

I am still trying to get everything up and running and now that I have all my unlocks I should be fully functional tonight.

After digging around looking for some things I had hoped for I intend to vote or provide some favorites!

Sansom48
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for doing this...we may learn a lot from one another!

I am still trying to get everything up and running and now that I have all my unlocks I should be fully functional tonight.

After digging around looking for some things I had hoped for I intend to vote or provide some favorites!

For me it is a way of trying to be patient while I wait for the discs to arrive. Not to mention learn about all the new features, as well as learning about some of the features I never knew I had in BW7 while reading through all of these threads.

bshauger
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
In another thread called Prior Unlocks I listed my history of what I received when. I think I ordered my update in Nov and received it on the 14th...but I ordered an update for a friend on the 1st and it shipped today. I have my unlock history there if you want to look...maybe it will give you some hope!

Sansom48
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
In another thread called Prior Unlocks I listed my history of what I received when. I think I ordered my update in Nov and received it on the 14th...but I ordered an update for a friend on the 1st and it shipped today. I have my unlock history there if you want to look...maybe it will give you some hope!

No need, my friend, I had read it probably about two minutes after you posted it. You see, today is my day off work, so I could be helping my wife undecorate (which I should be doing) or I can read all of these threads and wait for new post. (which I am doing.)

Sansom48
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I finally have received my own copy of BW 8, however, I am still yet unfamiliar with the new features to vote (I haven't even used all of them) although, I have been reading the help files on the X-Refs and I am already impressed by what is now possible.

bshauger
01-18-2009, 12:19 AM
This would be easier if we could do a 1,2,3 vote ;)

Richard Syed
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
The poll is a good idea - it is far too early still to have tried everything, so my vote was limited by what I have so far tried. But one thing about it that I find very useful: - by seeing what others have found useful I know what I should look at next and might not otherwise have thought of.

Sansom48
01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
The poll is a good idea - it is far too early still to have tried everything, so my vote was limited by what I have so far tried. But one thing about it that I find very useful: - by seeing what others have found useful I know what I should look at next and might not otherwise have thought of.

I agree with you. It is still very early in the game to know what will be most helpful to me, however, I think for a lot of people some of the additions were ones done via theirs and others request. I personally haven't voted on this poll yet even though I have had Bibleworks 8 for just shy of a week now, this is partly because many of the new features I am finding even more helpful then I ever would have thought, such as the X-refs. However, eventually I will have to vote. And also write or post something from time to time to bring this thread back to the top, lest people forget they can vote :)

Sansom48
01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
since I started this, I have been trying to bump this up from time to time so that people can see it. Hopefully, everyone who has received BW 8, as I have, and are getting better at using the various new editions, as well as continuing to use the programs that were in the past editions, is thrilled with it. This is the last time I will bump this page to bring it to the top. As of right now, there are 27 votes with X-Refs leading the way.

Adamsen
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
since I started this, I have been trying to bump this up from time to time so that people can see it. Hopefully, everyone who has received BW 8, as I have, and are getting better at using the various new editions, as well as continuing to use the programs that were in the past editions, is thrilled with it. This is the last time I will bump this page to bring it to the top. As of right now, there are 27 votes with X-Refs leading the way.

I have visited the poll page several times. While there are some of the new features and resources in BW8 that I will use less than others, I cannot really choose any single one as my one favorite. I have many favorites!

Sansom48
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
This is a small improvement, but it is really nice: the drop-down menus for selecting books, chapters and verses in the browse window. Instead of having to scroll through a list of chapters and verses (when there are many, as in Psalm 119), all the numbers are on one drop-down menu.

Very handy.

when I originally created this poll, I did not think of this particular addition, but you are right, I have already found this to be most helpful, and faster. I have searched and cannot find a way to add anything to an existing poll, but if I ever feel the need to create another, this will certainly be on there.

Adamsen
01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
when I originally created this poll, I did not think of this particular addition, but you are right, I have already found this to be most helpful, and faster. I have searched and cannot find a way to add anything to an existing poll, but if I ever feel the need to create another, this will certainly be on there.

I would be tempted to vote for that one! :)

SCSaunders
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm still experimenting, seeing how the new features will augment my current study habits and seeing if the new features will change my current study habits.

What will never change is copying results from BW to all the various other documentation and presentation options I have. That being said, BW8 has various copy command options that I'm still noodling around with.

http://i43.tinypic.com/117h28n.png

It is nice IMO to not have to select a specific command each and every time, but to opt for "Repeat Last Copy Command" until I want to change to somewhere else.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2yoaejr.png

Sometimes its the simple things. :D