PDA

View Full Version : Word Pictures by ATR

Gospelizer
01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
So sad (and a bit strange since it is so common) to see Word Pictures by A.T. Robertson gone from BW8. Any chance it might be available for download later? Anybody know?

Bob Payne

dribex
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
They left out ATR's Word Pictures? I hadn't noticed that yet! Why O why?

Greg Ward
01-13-2009, 08:57 PM
For now see BW8 help, chapter 4, Databases Removed from Bibleworks 8.
Also see this thread: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3017
:(

Note that over at Crosswalk's sight, there was a copyright renewal in 1960: http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentaries/RobertsonsWordPictures/

I hope we can work something soon! I have it in Libronix, too. But that just isn't the same-too slow, too hard to pull up, etc. We could try linking to Libronix or the Web, in the mean time.

Gospelizer
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
The strange thing is that it is available for free on e-Sword. Not sure why it would have been a problem for BW.

BP

Greg Ward
01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Link to Libronix RWP, if you have it.
In BW, you can add it in Resources menu, Edit External Links or edit the shellexec.txt file in BW8/init directory (either way see BW8 help, ch. 11, External Links Manager).

//
// External Link #34
//
[Robertson's Word Pictures in Libronix]
Operation = Open
Directory = NULL
File = libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book>%20<Chapter>%3A<Verse>|res=LLS:RWP
Parameters = NULL
MenuLocation = Browse Window All
TextType = Bible Verse
MapToVersion = KJV
Lookup = Verse Reference
MenuText = Libronix-RWP
Enabled = 1

jbartee
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
BWs folks,

I added the text to the end of the file using notepad++ and rebooted the program but do not see the link anywhere.. must be hiding ;)

Any help appreciated.. I really want my Word Pictures!

:} JB

Greg Ward
02-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree it would be nice for all previous BW owners to somehow bring RWP into BW8. If it was a HTML Help file, we could bring it forward. But it was a BW database. I've tried several ways but have yet to succeed.

BW staff, is there a way you can provide for us to pull RWP out of our previous installation and recompile it for a BW8 resource? What were the terms of the licensing agreement?

jbartee, the External Link above should be in a right-click menu in the browse window. Did you save the shellexec.txt file as a text file?

MBushell
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I agree it would be nice for all previous BW owners to somehow bring RWP into BW8. If it was a HTML Help file, we could bring it forward. But it was a BW database. I've tried several ways but have yet to succeed.

BW staff, is there a way you can provide for us to pull RWP out of our previous installation and recompile it for a BW8 resource? What were the terms of the licensing agreement?

jbartee, the External Link above should be in a right-click menu in the browse window. Did you save the shellexec.txt file as a text file?
Greg,
If it were up to me I would put RWP back in or post the text. Unfortunately we cannot do that. It was removed because we learned that the last volume is still under copyright. It is true that it is available at various places on the web and claimed to be public domain, but it is not PD, or at least the last volume is not. We tried to come to an agreement with the copyright holder, but we were not able to come to terms. We did try very hard. We believe that as a matter of conscience and Biblical ethics we have to abide by the copyright laws when they do not conflict with other Biblical requirements. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this causes. We encourage others NOT to try to make the RWP available publicly without contacting the copyright holder.
Mike

Steve Watkins
02-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Greg,
It was removed because we learned that the last volume is still under copyright.
Mike

While I miss the RWP (sort of... only a little, really), I really admire and appreciate the integrity of BW.

Kevin W. Woodruff
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
In the next version of BibleWorks, would it be possible to substitute Vincent's Word Studies for RWP?

Kevin