PDA

View Full Version : Futato's Modules

Joan Korte
01-13-2009, 06:58 AM
There were two Futato modules. One is Beginning Hebrew which I paid for to add on. The other was Basic Hebrew that came with BibleWorks and is still up and running on my laptop which has BibleWorks 7 on it. It was a free module with either BW6 or BW7; I can't remember. But, I cannot find it in BibleWorks 8. Yes, Beginning Hebrew is on BW8.

There are two files associated with Basic Hebrew in my databases folder for BW7 on my laptop. Can I simply copy the two files basicheb.chd and basicheb.chm to my BW8 databases folder?

The other issue is that when I installed BW8 it did leave BW7 databases folder on my hard drive but it must have removed some files from BW7 databases since I could not find the two basic hebrew files in that folder; they were still on my laptop which runs BW7. Are there other files that were removed from BW7 databases folder during the uninstall process and install BW8 processes?

I hope this all makes sense. Perhaps, there is something simple I am just overlooking. Thanks for your help.

Philip Brown
01-13-2009, 09:43 AM
See BW 8 help ch. 4 under Databases Removed from BibleWorks 8

Joan Korte
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks for that information!

bshauger
01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Its too bad too because the Basic Hebrew Tutorial had material in it that the Beginning Biblical Hebrew doesn't. For instance, a very commonly overlooked construction in Hebrew is the prohibtion using "lo" plus the qal imperfect (as in the Ten Commandments). Its not really covered in the Beginning Biblical Hebrew volume nor is it covered well in the rest of the Hebrew works now in BWW 8 which focus more on the jussive.

Mark Eddy
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Can I simply copy the two files basicheb.chd and basicheb.chm to my BW8 databases folder?
I have wondered this myself, but haven't had the courage to try it.

The other issue is that when I installed BW8 it did leave BW7 databases folder on my hard drive but it must have removed some files from BW7 databases since I could not find the two basic hebrew files in that folder; they were still on my laptop which runs BW7. Are there other files that were removed from BW7 databases folder during the uninstall process and install BW8 processes?
For those who don't look up the answer to this in "Help", basicallty the BW uninstall removes all files which came directly from BW and have not been changed by the user. Put the other way, the only files which are saved in the BW7 folder are those which the user has modified (such as user databases, notes, editor files [.bww], GSE searches, edited timelines, edited maps, your bw700.ini file, and various files in the init folder, such as your unlock codes. But the BW7 unclock codes do not work for BW8--they're left so that you can prove you bought them). Therefore any resources such as Futato will be erased by the uninstall.
Mark Eddy

Joan Korte
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
To clarify, when I mentioned copying the two files to BW8, that was before I knew they were no longer part of BW8. I usually leave the former version of BW on my laptop for awhile in the event I gum up the newer version. So, for a time, I still have access to BW7.