PDA

View Full Version : BW6 Word List Box and Word Statistics List Box

luckyduck
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Dear BW users:

I have just upgraded from BW6 to BW8, and I seem unable to work out how to access the BW6 word list box and word statistics list box. I have browsed this forum and BW8 Help extensively but can't seem to put my finger on it.

My fear is that these list boxes have been done away with, and have been replaced by the word list manager.

Previously, if I wanted to look up a Greek word in BGM, I could search on a lexical form, and BW6 would automatically spit out all verses with that word, and then separate lists of those forms for quick viewing, AND statistics for hits on each morphological type (e.g. aorist active infinitive occurs twice, or the present active indicative 3rd singular occurs 50 times)...

If my fears are to be confirmed, how can I access this sort of information quickly using the word list manager? It seems very clunky indeed to open the manager and generate a list!? Or is there a better way!

Thank you for any and all help,
luckyduck

Michael Hanel
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Dear BW users:

I have just upgraded from BW6 to BW8, and I seem unable to work out how to access the BW6 word list box and word statistics list box. I have browsed this forum and BW8 Help extensively but can't seem to put my finger on it.

My fear is that these list boxes have been done away with, and have been replaced by the word list manager.

Previously, if I wanted to look up a Greek word in BGM, I could search on a lexical form, and BW6 would automatically spit out all verses with that word, and then separate lists of those forms for quick viewing, AND statistics for hits on each morphological type (e.g. aorist active infinitive occurs twice, or the present active indicative 3rd singular occurs 50 times)...

If my fears are to be confirmed, how can I access this sort of information quickly using the word list manager? It seems very clunky indeed to open the manager and generate a list!? Or is there a better way!

Thank you for any and all help,
luckyduck

Not sure I entirely understand, but I'll take a shot. After you make your search in BGM, click on the Words tab in the third window pane (the one way on the right). Is that the info you're looking for?

Greg Ward
01-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I didn't use that feature in BW6, but I remember some others commenting on its loss early in BW7. I think some of the BW8 analysis tabs may bring back similar lists. Describe with detail what it is your hoping to see. Maybe we can point it out.

Philip Brown
01-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi, Luckyduck,

Michael Hanel is right. The Words Tab in BW 8 = the Word listbox and word statistics listbox in BW 6.

luckyduck
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you!

The word tab over on the right gives me exactly what I am after. It's funny how one can spend quite some time looking for something that is actually right under one's nose.

Thank you for your help!

Warm regards,
luckyduck