PDA

View Full Version : Two BW8 questions

gesnipes
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
The feature list includes two things that I am not able to find. I can't find the works of Josephus and I can't find the XP download for text to speech. Does anyone know how to configure BW8 for these things?

Thanks,

Eddie

Michael Hanel
01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
The feature list includes two things that I am not able to find. I can't find the works of Josephus and I can't find the XP download for text to speech. Does anyone know how to configure BW8 for these things?

Thanks,

Eddie

Whether you chose to install them or not, I do not know but Josephus versions can be accessed by typing "joe" (wo quotations) "jom" or "jos" in the command line.

As far as text to speech, it is my understanding that this feature only works in Vista.

gesnipes
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Whether you chose to install them or not, I do not know but Josephus versions can be accessed by typing "joe" (wo quotations) "jom" or "jos" in the command line.

As far as text to speech, it is my understanding that this feature only works in Vista.

The main webpage says the following:
English Bible Text-to-Speech
If you’re running BibleWorks on Vista (requires supplemental voice packs in XP), you can hear English Bible text read aloud!

So it should work with XP but I cannot find any information as to how to configure it.

Michael Hanel
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
The main webpage says the following:
English Bible Text-to-Speech
If you’re running BibleWorks on Vista (requires supplemental voice packs in XP), you can hear English Bible text read aloud!

So it should work with XP but I cannot find any information as to how to configure it.

hmm, I missed that it COULD work in XP. Guess I will have to default to ignorance and wait for advice from above :)

Greg Ward
01-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I haven't tried to find this feature, but my impression was that it was a MS Windows function (not a BW program function). So you may want to look at Windows help, etc.

gesnipes
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
It doesn't seem likely that they would advertise a Windows function as a new feature in Bible Works 8.

Ken Neighoff
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Here is the url with instructions for windows xp

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306902

Jay W.
01-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I am running on WinXP Pro SP3 with Fusion 2.0. I didn't have to do anything to have the text to speech function the first time I used BW 8.0.

Adamsen
01-20-2009, 03:04 AM
I haven't tried to find this feature, but my impression was that it was a MS Windows function (not a BW program function). So you may want to look at Windows help, etc.

The Text-to-Speech - or Read text - is a tool that you can (should be able to) find on the Tools -> Viewing the Text menu. This tool requires support from the Operative System. Vista supports it out of the box, while you have to add it yourself in XP (and perhaps pay for it as well).

Hope this helps.

bshauger
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I had a lot of problems with Voice in XP. Some places it worked and some places it didn't in the same module! Tech Support tried to help but to no avail. I'll have to try BW8 in XP. BW8 text to voice works fine for me on my laptop with Vista....may be there is "something" good about Vista ;) - I won't push it though....