PDA

View Full Version : Parsing Error

Ken Neighoff
01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I am doing some work in the book of Hebrews (1:4). When I hover the mouse over the following word, kpeittwv, I get information for this word, agathos.

I am using BW8.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Adamsen
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
I am doing some work in the book of Hebrews (1:4). When I hover the mouse over the following word, kpeittwv, I get information for this word, agathos.

I am using BW8.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Kreittwn or kreisswn is one of the stems that serve as comparative for agathos (agaqos).

If you open the Graphical Search Engine, you can search for comparatives of agaqos that are matched by, e.g., kreitt*, kreiss*, or *krei* (run the attachment, if you like). Lexicons like BDAG list the stems that may be used.

Hope this helps.

Ken Neighoff
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Posted by Ademsen: Kreittwn or kreisswn is one of the stems that serve as comparative for agathos (agaqos).

Thank you for your reply.

I am not looking for comparatives. I was just wondering why when I hover the mouse over kreittwn, I do not get the lexical information for the word, instead I get the lexical information for agathos.

Adamsen
01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Posted by Ademsen: Kreittwn or kreisswn is one of the stems that serve as comparative for agathos (agaqos).

Thank you for your reply.

I am not looking for comparatives. I was just wondering why when I hover the mouse over kreittwn, I do not get the lexical information for the word, instead I get the lexical information for agathos.

You do, in fact, get the lexical information for the word you are looking for. By and large, the lexical information for a comparative is the lexical information for the positive. You have to look up in the grammar how to interpret the comparative (or a superlative), if the lexicon does not inform you about it. If it does, it is in the entry agathos/agaqos.

Hope this helps.