PDA

View Full Version : Concern about order.

dere2dea
01-08-2009, 01:50 AM
I am concerned about my order. I placed the order through the Institutional Promotional Program on November 3, 2008 via email rather than the "order desK" of this site. A few days later, I was informed that Bibleworks 8 was to be released November 25, 2008, and that we had the option of receiving BW 7 immediately, or wait to receive BW 8. The group opted to wait! At that time BW 8 was not yet announced to the public, or this site, so nobody would have ordered it then. I was informed of the late ship date due to unforeseen circumstances, and we understood.
I just registered as a member of this site and see through the forums that folks are receiving BW 8 as well as emails about shipment. The last email I received from BW was a generic form-letter sort of communication, so I'm not sure if anyone in the home office is aware of my/our situation. I would have thought that ordering in early November would have put us in position to receive one of the earlier shipments.
Since I am new to this site, I am unfamilar with how to go about checking the shipping status for our group. Since the order was placed through email rather than this site, I'm not sure if the ship info would be posted here? I understand that those who paid for expedited shipping should get the service they paid for, but I fear that our group order is lost in space. It is my hope that a site administrator will see this post and be able to provide some encouraging information. Please don't think I am trying to get our group order crowded ahead in line!
Anyhow, thanks for your interest in this matter.
Terry

MTan
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Terry,

To get an idea of where you are in line, phone, and then email are your best bets at this point in time. The office has really been slammed with the new release, so it's taking longer to reply than usual. I'm sorry for the concern this may have induced. I don't have access to the information from my location, so I can't tell you more than that.

Thanks for your support. I hope the new release serves you all well.
Michael

SCSaunders
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Please don't think I am trying to get our group order crowded ahead in line!
Terry, I doubt anybody thinks this, so no concern there. We're all chomping at the exegetical bit to use BW8.

Per another forum post, those that paid extra and opted for the "expedited" shipment will receive thiers first. My hunch, because this software is so good, there were many of that kind of order. Following those, shipments would be sent out in the order in which they came in. Added to this, is that each order - it appears to me, based on posts to date - each order is personalized. Meaning, the individual's specific modules with thier unlock codes must be incorporated into the order. This will take some additional time.

Finally, to keep the cost of this software down - again, as it appears to me, based on posts to date - Bible Works does not have staffing into the hundreds, not even into the teens. To put it in vernacular, the whole company is as busy as a one-legged man in a rump kicking contest.

My reccommendations: do what I just did, and log into your Bible Works account. Look for the log-in point on the upper right hand side of the home page. Log-in is usually your email account and password of choosing. Check on the status of your order. Mine currently says "Processing."

I hope a bit of the "big picture" from the perspective of the compact Bible Works staff can ease some of your concerns.

Scott

PS When it finally arrives, and it will, let us all know what you think. There will be a bit of a learning curve, since you're jumping in at version 8, but there are many on this site that will be glad to coach you through.

dere2dea
01-16-2009, 01:45 AM
I heard from a staff member at BW, and he checked on the situation. I now have BW8 installed. Thanks for the help!
Terry