PDA

View Full Version : When You Get Yours!

Harold6
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I know that shipping just started on the 5th (yesterday), but when you get your copy of BW8 please let the rest of us know so that we might have increased hope.

Harold Miller, Jr., Pastor
New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

tcblack
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I haven't got it yet but I just got an email in my inbox telling me it's been shipped!

MWMiles
01-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I haven't got it yet but I just got an email in my inbox telling me it's been shipped!

Same here.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Dan Phillips
01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I didn't.

:(

Todd Price
01-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I haven't gotten a notice yet either.

mileskor
01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Ordered mine Dec.15th for a class that's now almost half over. It hasn't shipped yet, but will let you know when it does. On that day there will be much rejoicing for my classmates and I!

pzetter
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I ordered mine on 11/20. I have not received the coveted e-mail yet. Paul

Bennett B. Wethered
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I have seen that some other BW users have gotten e-mail notifications that their copies of BW8 have shipped. I have not.

Having ordered mine midday on Nov. 19th (2 days before the official announcement date), I have been hoping that I'd be among those first shipped. :(

How do I find out from the BibleWorks folk a) when my BW8 has been/will be shipped, and 2) what its tracking number is?

(By the way, the BW8 homepage references "expedited shipping." Had I seen that as an option, I might have chosen it.)

I ordered BW8 as an upgrade (as a DVD, my 6th BW) the day before the last writer, and I still have not a) gotten the product, b) received an e-mail shipping notice, and/or c) a reply to my question above.

I think that I can assume that the Lord is using this circumstance (an undesirable wait) to deal with my pride, greed, and impatience. - It is uncomfortable to have the dross (my sins) burned off of the silver (though it may be presumptuous to think of myself as the silver!).

Steve Watkins
01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Got my DVD copy today (Jan 7). I got a ship notice email a few days ago, and another email on the same day with updated unlock codes for all my modules.

The install was a breeze (Vista 64). The installer allows you to enter unlock codes for all your modules upfront, so that everything's ready to go on install. Awesome!

So far, so good... but I haven't been able to explore too much yet.

Sansom48
01-07-2009, 11:58 PM
If you sign into your "my account" on Bibleworks, (not the forums, but the actual Bibleworks page where you placed your order) you can look at your order and see whether or not it has shipped. My copy has not shipped as of yet, I ordered mine a little late (mid dec.), but I hear when it does depending on how you had it shipped, they give you a tracking number on the same page. :)

Steve Watkins
01-08-2009, 12:28 AM
If you sign into your "my account" on Bibleworks, (not the forums, but the actual Bibleworks page where you placed your order) you can look at your order and see whether or not it has shipped. My copy has not shipped as of yet, I ordered mine a little late (mid dec.), but I hear when it does depending on how you had it shipped, they give you a tracking number on the same page. :)

Yeah, that was my experience. I didn't receive any email notices until it actually shipped, and that notice included a tracking number.

Harold6
01-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Steve,

Glad you got your copy of BW8! Just out of curiosity, what was the date of your order?

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

Steve Watkins
01-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Steve,

Glad you got your copy of BW8! Just out of curiosity, what was the date of your order?

I ordered December 17. I did opt for expedited delivery as well.

pstrickert
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Got mine! I ordered the same day I heard about BW8 on the Biblical Studies and Technological Tools blog. That would be Nov. 20.

Eric
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Got mine! I ordered the same day I heard about BW8 on the Biblical Studies and Technological Tools blog. That would be Nov. 20.

Did you get your shipping email or the acutual product? I ordered mine on the same day having been made aware of the upgrade by the same blog! (Thanks, MGVH!)

I received an email today, but it said nothing about shipping, it just gave me the codes for the modules that were in BW7 but add ons in BW8.

pstrickert
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
The actual product.

mcrouse
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
My DVD version of BibleWorks 8 arrived in the U.S. Mail shortly after noon today (Thursday, January 8). I don't remember the exact date when I ordered it, but I remember that I responded immediately to the e-mail notice that it was available.

It installed without a hitch. It will take a long time to work through all the features, but so far I haven't seen anything go wrong. In addition to what was in BibleWorks 7, I am really thankful for the inclusion of some new resources. I read through all of Schaff's volumes on the early church fathers by checking out volumes from the university library and thought several times about buying my own copies. Two things stood in the way -- the cost and the storage space that would have been necessary -- and I never bought them. Now I have them all, thanks to the good folks at BibleWorks. There probably are some more "goodies" in here, but I haven't had time to explore them all.

Bennett B. Wethered
01-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I keep muttering to myself (kicking myself for not having seen and taken advantage of the expedited shipping option...):

"Good things come to those who wait,
Good things come to those who wait....."

I too have gotten an e-mail with activation/unlock codes for previously purchased modules, but no e-mail yet telling me that my order has shifted from 'Processing' to 'Shipping.' - Oh my, I was about to think it was okay to "mutter," when I realized that I was reminding myself of the Israelites in the wilderness, with their "grumbling." Yikes!

NAU Psalm 39:7 "And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You."

Bennett B. Wethered
01-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Minutes after muttering, yea, almost grumbling :o, I have gotten an e-mail saying that my BW8 DVD has shipped.

Yay!!

Steve Watkins
01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I keep muttering to myself (kicking myself for not having seen and taken advantage of the expedited shipping option...):

"Good things come to those who wait,
Good things come to those who wait....."

I too have gotten an e-mail with activation/unlock codes for previously purchased modules, but no e-mail yet telling me that my order has shifted from 'Processing' to 'Shipping.' - Oh my, I was about to think it was okay to "mutter," when I realized that I was reminding myself of the Israelites in the wilderness, with their "grumbling." Yikes!

NAU Psalm 39:7 "And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You."

Minutes after muttering, yea, almost grumbling :o, I have gotten an e-mail saying that my BW8 DVD has shipped.

Yay!!

Ha! God was gracious in your mutterings, and granted an answer. Hope it arrives soon - it's worth the wait.

MWMiles
01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
My v8 DVD upgrade arrived today while I was snoozing. (I work nights)

It was ordered 11/21/08, for those that are curious.

Alas, I need to go do my thing at the plant before I can come home and play with it. :(

gesnipes
01-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Is this shipped priority mail or regular? I see online that it was shipped on the 7th and am curious as to how long the shipping takes.

calvary
01-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Mine arrived today (thurs). It's loaded and I'm starting to feel my way around. I'll probably stay up late tonight(er) so I can have it the way I want before I start digging in for Sunday's sermon. Some of the new features look waay cool.

Bibleworks Team: you guys are the best. :)

Blessings,
Dave

MWMiles
01-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Is this shipped priority mail or regular? I see online that it was shipped on the 7th and am curious as to how long the shipping takes.

Mine was shipped Priority mail.

tcblack
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Just arrived in USPS priority mail envelope. Full review and pics pending at:http://www.stilltruth.com/blog/tcblack/bibleworks-8-has-arrived
Or
http://www.stilltruth.com/node/1388

Ben Spackman
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I... didn't get mine yet. Because I haven't ordered it yet.
Darn economy. :mad:

Harold6
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
From what I am reading on this thread, BW8 shipping is still handling those of you who were wise enough to order with priority shipping. I guess they will get to the rest of us (hopefully) some time in the next week or so.

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

Eric
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Harold. Mine shipped yesterday and I did not choose expedited shipping. I ordered mine on 11/20 so I think I was on of the first orders.

I would think you will soon get the desired "shipped" email very soon.

Harold6
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the update Eric.

I ordered mine on 11/25/08 at about 2:00 pm. So I hope to receive a shipping notice by this time next week.

It is good to know that they have gotten around to the regular orders.

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

johncalvinhall
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Received my BW8 today.

Love it!

Bennett B. Wethered
01-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Like the "beamish boy" in Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky, I "chortle" in my joy:

"Calooh, callay, oh frubjous day!"
as my copy of BW8 has just arrived!

Good things come to those who wait, even those, such as I, who exhibit sinful (:o) impatience. - Thank you, hardworking brothers at BibleWorks, for such service to our Lord and His people in providing this product! :D

tcblack
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I... didn't get mine yet. Because I haven't ordered it yet.
Darn economy. :mad:

I hear you Ben. The only reason I got it is because I had room built into my expense account for any December deals. This year there will be no such goodies due to the economy.

SkipB
01-12-2009, 07:20 PM
My dvd was waiting in the mailbox when I arrived home from seminary today. I have received no email, and account still lists order as processing. I am unable to use my BDAG and HALOT, and the items from BW 7 we were supposed to get access to. I don't even have time to play with it tonight so I will just wait and see what happens next.

revaaron
01-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Skip,
Just curious, when did you order your software?

Well, just moments after writing this response, I received the golden ticket in my email inbox gloriously stating that my product shipped on the 9th (which means there is a possibility it may be hiding in my mailbox today!) I will keep all informed.

And, no I have not received the email or other information regarding the unlock codes for BDAG or HALOT. But, all is well.

Peace,

Harold6
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
RevAaron,

When did you order and what was the shipping method of your software?

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

bshauger
01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Got mine today!

Gospelizer
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Concerning BDAG and HALOT, see the thread on "BW8 and previously purchased modules."I received my codes minus those two.

BP

revaaron
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
RevAaron,

When did you order and what was the shipping method of your software?

I ordered on December 6th with standard shipping.

I just received notice online that my package is with the mail handler right now, so it should be received today.

Harold6
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Ordered on 11/25/08. Just checked my account and it said that my copy of BW8 was shipped yesterday 1/13/08. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Friday!

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

revaaron
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I received it in the mail moments ago! It is installed and ready to go. Now, if I can just get those HALOT and BDAG keys...

bshauger
01-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Yep, got mine yesterday...and I till am missing the Halot/BDAG keys but other threads suggest sending BWW your V. 7 codes.

I have never been dissappointed with a BWW upgrade and though I only played with version 8 a little while last night I love lots of new things already! I'll be checking for some of my "wishes".

bchamberlin
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Received my copy of BW8 in today's mail (Gettysburg, PA).
Just finished Installation.

Steve Watkins
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I got my BDAG/HALOT codes in the same email with all my other module codes, prior to shipping. Strange that some seem to be missing them...

Gospelizer
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
USPS web site says my DVD was delivered today, but nothing was delivered. Post office is trying to trace it down. This has really been a bother. :confused:

BP

Harold6
01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
BW8 DVD arrived today! Praise the Lord!

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

Gospelizer
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
USPS web site says my DVD was delivered today, but nothing was delivered. Post office is trying to trace it down. This has really been a bother. :confused:

BP

Post office hasn't found it yet. I really wish it had been shipped UPS. The mail system here is very bad.

kpurcell
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
got mine yesterday (1-15)

Gospelizer
01-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Post office found my BW 8 package, and it was delivered today. Just need my HALOT and BDAG codes, and I will be all set!

Harold6
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Gospelizer,

Wow!

I'm glad they found your package! I'm sure your problem with your codes will be sorted out soon.

Blessings to you!

New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

Gospelizer
01-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Gospelizer,

Wow!

I'm glad they found your package!

Praise the Lord! I'm grateful, Harold.

Sansom48
01-17-2009, 01:25 PM
after waiting, I now finally have BW 8. Hurrraaayyy!!!!