PDA

View Full Version : E-Sword Update

Adelphos
01-03-2009, 12:32 AM
For those who use e-Sword as a complementary program with BW, a new version has been released --

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

MWMiles
01-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting about the e-Sword updated software. I use it here and it's good.

Mike

revaaron
01-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks Scott,
I use E-Sword on occasion and enjoy seeing the updates.

Peace,

Sansom48
01-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I feel slightly out of date, I have gone to the site and looked at several of the features of e-sword having never really explored it much. I don't see many advantages to using this with Bibleworks, it seems to be a similar program albeit less extensive than Bibleworks. With that said I must be missing something. What are some of the advantages of this program?

Adelphos
01-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I feel slightly out of date, I have gone to the site and looked at several of the features of e-sword having never really explored it much. I don't see many advantages to using this with Bibleworks, it seems to be a similar program albeit less extensive than Bibleworks. With that said I must be missing something. What are some of the advantages of this program?

I use it almost exclusively for the Commentaries and Step Reader, both of which compliment BibleWorks very well. Plus, there are a number of less popular Bible versions in e-Sword that aren't available in BibleWorks, just in case you ever have to look up something in one of those versions.

Sansom48
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Thank you for your prompt answer to my question. I may download it once I install Bibleworks 8. Because it is a program that you install, I wonder if I will be able to use it with ERMIE? questions questions. Anyway thank you again, I found your answer most helpful.

MWMiles
01-03-2009, 05:30 PM

I'm a relic that actually uses a Smith's Bible Dictionary and the Strong's Hebrew and Greek dictionaries - primarily to use in preparing Bible studies for people that may never look any deeper than The Message unless you clue them in that there is Hebrew and Greek behind the English. This gets them to look deeper. Some of them pick up BibleWorks or Logos after a while and start digging deeper on their own, usually to check me out. :)