PDA

View Full Version : Ship date?

gesnipes
12-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know when the ver. 8 will ship?

MBushell
12-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know when the ver. 8 will ship?

The first shipment of CDs and DVDs is scheduled to be sent from the replicator to our fulfillment house today. They should be shipping to users by Wednesday. They will ship in order of placement, except for priority orders which will ship first. It should take 2-3 days to work through the backorders. I apologize for the delays.

We wish all of our users a happy and blessed New Year.

Mike

gesnipes
12-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the update!

revaaron
12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
My anticipation level is rising!

(My wife is getting tired of me giving her "updates")

Blessings to all and Merry Christmas!:D

Sansom48
12-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Thank you for the update, I will be trying to hold back my anticipation until it arrives. hurray!!!!

MBushell
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank you for the update, I will be trying to hold back my anticipation until it arrives. hurray!!!!

We really are sorry for the delays. We learned a lot this month about what not to do! The latest news is that the first shipment of discs from the replicator is being shipped overnight today to the fulfillment house that packages and ships product for us. It looks like shipping will finally start Friday. Priority orders will go out first. Then regular orders will go out in the order they were received. It takes 1-4 days in the US depending on where you are. They are shipped from Vriginia Beach, Virginia. Overseas orders take longer due to customs. It will take the fulfillment house several days to ship all the backorders. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. Thanks to you all for exercising the gift!

Mike

revaaron
12-30-2008, 01:09 PM
And thank you so much for keeping us informed on the progress. I can speak for myself (and I am sure many others) when I say that the Bibleworks staff are by far the most responsive and caring toward their customers and provide the best customer service hands down.

With that said, I will continue to make attempts to restrain my anticipation :D

Blessings and Happy New Year!

gesnipes
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
I appreciate your follow up notice. I find it helpful to know what is going on so I know what to expect. Thanks for the efforts put into this and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Harold6
12-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you so much for the update! Now that I know what is happening, I can stop checking the forum twice a day and start following every postal service vehicle I see!

I really appreciate the product and the effort you guys put forth in customer service. God bless you for the service you provide!

Harold Miller, Jr., Pastor
New Hope Baptist Church
Covington, GA

MBushell
12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi All,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the replicator shipped the first batch of discs by ground freight instead of overnight - in spite of phone and e-mail requests from both me and my office manager to make sure they sent them overnight. So they will (Lord willing) arrive at the fulfillment house on Monday. That means shipping should start a week from today. If anyone wants to cancel their order, we will understand. No refunds are necessary because we do not charge cards until product is actually shipped. I apologize once more. We will try to do better in the future.

God bless,
Mike

mileskor
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

revaaron
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Mike,
Thanks for letting us know. Though I am saddened by this, I suppose it will just keep me humble for a few more days ;).

By the way, I can appreciate how you do not charge the credit cards until the ship date. Not many businesses do that for their customers.

You're still the best!

Peace,

Eric
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
This must be far more frustrating to the BibleWorks staff than to we, the users. We're all disappointed, but it seems there is nothing more you could do about it. These things happen. Once we do get the upgrade, it won't make any difference.

We do very much appreciate the updates. It is better to know what's happening than to be left in the dark. We appreciate your being up front with us. I think the users of BibleWorks have a real partnership with the company. We really appreciate the product and the company behind it. You are a model of great business practice and we all benefit from that.

But I still can't wait for my copy to arrive!

mileskor
12-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Dudes, my Exegesis course for seminary starts this Monday, and I don't have BW7, so I can't exactly get by with it and wait for the BW8 upgrade. BTW, it's a one week intensive, so if BW8 doesn't arrive, I'm not sure what'll happen. Please pray that my prof, classmates and I don't flip out.

gesnipes
01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Well that is disappointing. I think I'll quit thinking about it:rolleyes: until it arrives. Then it will be a suprise.

Jay W.
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Mike,

No apology necessary. Reminds me of the defense Jesus offered for the woman who anointed Him with oil. "Let her alone...She has done what she could" (Mark 14:8). You've done what you could too and I have to believe everyone understands that. Have a great New Year's day!

There are a lot of loyal users out here, waiting with excitement for the next installment of the best Bible software on any platform. Whether BibleWorks 8 is delivered tomorrow or sometime next week, we will all be grateful for your labor of love and patience with us. Thanks.

spitzerpl
01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm just glad I paid the extra 20 bucks for the BW7 now, BW8 later plan. I wanted to make sure it was charged to last year's budget. Plus, I've been able to play around with version 7 a bit.

MBushell
01-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Dudes, my Exegesis course for seminary starts this Monday, and I don't have BW7, so I can't exactly get by with it and wait for the BW8 upgrade. BTW, it's a one week intensive, so if BW8 doesn't arrive, I'm not sure what'll happen. Please pray that my prof, classmates and I don't flip out.
Mike,
One solution would be for you to borrow a BW7 disk from a classmate and install it just for the class. We have no problem with that in this special circumstance. Then when BW8 arrives you just uninstall 7 (which you have to do anyway). As I told you in a private e-mail, if you will send us the name and e-mail of your prof we'll contact him and see if a solution can be had for your entire class without costing anyone an arm and a leg. We are willing to do all that we can to help, but people have to realize that shipping estimates are always estimates done in good faith. There are a ton of things over which we have no control, especially in Decemeber when many businesses become very congested. As it is we are missing the target by only a week, which, if you knew what is involved, would be impressive. In the mean time I'll just tell you what a young child told me recently - "chill out - no need getting stressed over things you can't control - and God is in charge anyway." It's humbling when a child asks if you really belive that :-)

Mike

mileskor
01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
In the mean time I'll just tell you what a young child told me recently - "chill out - no need getting stressed over things you can't control - and God is in charge anyway." It's humbling when a child asks if you really belive that :-)

Mike

Amen to that!

Dan Phillips
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm sure I speak for all when I say: I hate it when that happens!

The logic of canceling an order for something we really want because someone else screwed up, though, totally escapes me. I mean: because we won't get it as soon as hoped, cancel it, and get it... never?

Maybe you'd understand, but I wouldn't. It's worth waiting for.

It's just that we don't want to!

Hope you don't get any cancellations. You shouldn't!

Sansom48
01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I know that it has been said to death on here, but I think that it can always be said again. Reading through these threads on here, and even on other sites it is almost hard for me to believe the quality of service that we customers receive by the staff of Bibleworks. With this kind of service it is even harder for me to believe that anyone would want to cancel an order. Just today I received in the mail something I ordered over a month ago. It came as a suprise to me, I had actually forgot that I ordered it, and it was supposed to arrive within 4-7 days after the order completed, amazingly there was no explanations or reasoning behind the lateness of the arrival, this in comparison to here where no promises have even yet been broken, and with a little bit of reading we can still know why things are the way they are. I know it is said often, but I still don't know if it is enough, thank you Bibleworks staff, you are more helpful than I could have ever imagined.

Adelphos
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I know that it has been said to death on here, but I think that it can always be said again. Reading through these threads on here, and even on other sites it is almost hard for me to believe the quality of service that we customers receive by the staff of Bibleworks. With this kind of service it is even harder for me to believe that anyone would want to cancel an order.

Well, I ordered a box of Omaha Steaks a couple of weeks ago and told them to bill it to BibleWorks, but so far the steaks haven't arrived. I ain't gonna cancel the order, but thus far nobody at BibleWorks has even notified me that there's a problem with the order, so I don't know what kinda service you would call that! -:)

MWMiles
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Well, I ordered a box of Omaha Steaks a couple of weeks ago and told them to bill it to BibleWorks, but so far the steaks haven't arrived. I ain't gonna cancel the order, but thus far nobody at BibleWorks has even notified me that there's a problem with the order, so I don't know what kinda service you would call that! -:)

I was wondering why I got that box of steaks....

tcblack
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I took a weeks vacation to visit family and grieved because I was certain My Bibleworks 8 DVD would be sitting in my mail box unused when I returned. I couldn't bear the thought that it was going to be lonely without me.

Now that It's back to work this week I must say I'm still mourning, but that's because I have to start my studies with this old fashioned BW7! ;-)

Oh alright, I'll wait.

MBushell
01-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Just to let everyone know, the first shipment of CDs arrived at our fullfillment house yesterday. So shipping has started. It will take a few days to get caught up but the Eagle has landed.

Mike

SCSaunders
01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Just to let everyone know, the first shipment of CDs arrived at our fullfillment house yesterday. So shipping has started. It will take a few days to get caught up but the Eagle has landed.

MikeSweeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks for letting us know Mike.:)

Trajan
01-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Is there a way to know if our product has shipped or how to get a tracking number? That way we could follow it on our own.

calvary
01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Is there a way to know if our product has shipped or how to get a tracking number? That way we could follow it on our own.

In the past I have always been able to log into "my account" on the BW web site and track it that way. It'll say if it has shipped; and, depending on the shipping method you used, will have the tracking #.

Blessings,
Dave

calvary
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Oops, I'm sorry. The tracking # has not been there in the past. Only that it has shipped.

Dave

calvary
01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Well,

I just received notification that mine has shipped-- and a tracking number was issued too. Oh my, I'll try not to faint from excitement. :D

Dave

tcblack
01-06-2009, 06:18 PM
I just got my notification and a tracking number is there. I'm going to sit here and hit F5 a few million times....

Bennett B. Wethered
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I have seen that some other BW users have gotten e-mail notifications that their copies of BW8 have shipped. I have not.

Having ordered mine midday on Nov. 19th (2 days before the official announcement date), I have been hoping that I'd be among those first shipped. :(

How do I find out from the BibleWorks folk a) when my BW8 has been/will be shipped, and 2) what its tracking number is?

(By the way, the BW8 homepage references "expedited shipping." Had I seen that as an option, I might have chosen it.)

revaaron
01-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Likewise, I did not see the "expedited shipping" option when I checked out either. I ordered mine on Dec. 15th, so I think it will be a while for me. Just the more surprised and excited I will be when I finally receive it in the mail.

Correction, I ordered on Dec.6th, and looking back there is a drop-down menu option to choose different shipping methods. I suppose I was just in too much of a hurry to recognize it.

I'll know for next time I suppose.