PDA

View Full Version : Mac User Question

lmackay
06-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Have been running BibleWorks 4.0 on iMac with PowerPC using Windows 98 for years. Am thinking of going to a Mac Laptop. Has anyone successfully used BibleWorks 5 or 6 on an iBook (or PowerBook)? If I replace the iMac with an iBook, will I need to upgrade PowerPC in order to run a more current version of Windows to get the most out of BibleWorks? Appreciate your advice.

Ruben Gomez
06-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Have been running BibleWorks 4.0 on iMac with PowerPC using Windows 98 for years. Am thinking of going to a Mac Laptop. Has anyone successfully used BibleWorks 5 or 6 on an iBook (or PowerBook)? If I replace the iMac with an iBook, will I need to upgrade PowerPC in order to run a more current version of Windows to get the most out of BibleWorks? Appreciate your advice.
I've been using BibleWorks 5 on an iBook 600 (640 MB RAM, Mac OS X) with Virtual PC (Windows 98), and it works fine. If you use one of the newer G4 laptops, which have considerably more processing power, it should run even better. Cannot speak for BW 6, since I haven't tried it yet under emulation.

Hope this helps.

Rubén Gómez

lmackay
06-30-2004, 04:52 PM
!Muchas gracias!

ddoyle777
06-30-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm using version 6 with a 14" ibook (G4 1.25) and Virtual PC. It runs very, very well.
I have had no trouble running it or updating program/datal files.