PDA

View Full Version : Search question

Ephraim
12-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Wanted to know how to NOT have another window come up when doing a word search by clicking on the word with my cursor. :D

Adelphos
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Wanted to know how to NOT have another window come up when doing a word search by clicking on the word with my cursor. :D

Tools | Options | Option Flags | Browse Window Configuration Options --

Uncheck Enable automatic secondary Browse Windows

Ephraim
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much. I appreciate that. It drove me nuts. Great program
I just wish I was better at it. Need a study DVD or lots of time,...which it seems is hard to get. I'm at www.yahweh.org (http://www.yahweh.org)
Team Ephraim - USA :D

Tools | Options | Option Flags | Browse Window Configuration Options --

Uncheck Enable automatic secondary Browse Windows

Adelphos
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Thank you so much. I appreciate that. It drove me nuts. Great program. I just wish I was better at it. Need a study DVD or lots of time...:D

You're welcome. Welcome to the BibleWorks forum.

I don't know what version of BW you have, but the last two or three versions come with a substantial video library. I recommend that you go through each of them, which takes anywhere from about 5 to 10 minutes per lesson. There's a wealth of information in those videos.

Ephraim
12-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Well,... I have Bible worx 7 and have seen the 3 intro videos. My question is though,..When I want to do a specific word search and its Greek or Hebrew meaning I'm not sure which way to go. I have always used a strongs in the past but not much depth. So the Brown Drivers Briggs is what I would like to use also to better show my wife a specific meaning/tense/or Masculine ect. I'm using the standard three windows with the NAU up with others selected but need more hands on. Also if I just wanted the Bible works 8 upgrade with JUST the Anti-Nicean church Fathers writings am I able to just get that? Big Thanx-Donnie:D

Glenn Weaver
12-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Donnie,

If I understand your question correctly, I think the Study Guide entitled "Using Strong's Numbers in BibleWorks" answers your question. To access this Study Guide, go to Help on the main menu, then choose Study Guides. In the third column of the Study Guides (Analyzing Bible Text) is the Study Guide "Using Strong's Numbers in BibleWorks." This Study Guide shows you how to use Strong's numbers as a starting point for accessing Greek and Hebrew lexicons in BibleWorks.

There are a lot of other Study Guides there that I suggest working through. They will be a big help in understanding how to get the most out of BibleWorks.

As for only obtaining the Early Church Fathers, I'm sorry, but that is not possible. The only a la carte items in BibleWorks are the extra-cost add-on modules. The upgrade to BibleWorks 8 includes the Early Church Fathers, plus a whole lot more.

Blessings,

Ephraim
12-17-2008, 01:45 AM
I went and checked it out and thank for getting back to me so quick. Lots of info. Thanx

Don