PDA

View Full Version : Fresh BW7 Install won't update

Dogfish Jones
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I had to reinstall BW7 a while ago, and ever since I have been unable to update using the updater. Any time I try, when I restart Bibleworks, it crashes and won't open. All I get is the crash dialogue. I've removed, deleted, repaired, reinstalled - you name it.

I am running BW7 in a Windows XP virtual machine within Parallels. I'm attempting to switch to VMWare Fusion to see if that makes a difference, but can't imagine why it would.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I miss my Bibleworks!

Mark Eddy
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
If I remember correctly the BW7 program on the CD was lacking something necessary for applying other patches. So after you install BW7, go to "BibleWorks on the Web" and download just the bw700...exe patch. After you apply that patch by itself, you should be able to download and apply the rest of the patches as well.
If you can't even get to the point of downloading the .exe patch, then perhaps one of your installation CDs has become corrupted.
Mark Eddy

Dogfish Jones
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
If I remember correctly the BW7 program on the CD was lacking something necessary for applying other patches. So after you install BW7, go to "BibleWorks on the Web" and download just the bw700...exe patch. After you apply that patch by itself, you should be able to download and apply the rest of the patches as well.
If you can't even get to the point of downloading the .exe patch, then perhaps one of your installation CDs has become corrupted.
Mark Eddy

Well, that's the weird thing. I've never had problems with it in the past. Just started within the past 6 months or so.

However, without having read your post, that is the very thing I ended up doing. Actually, I had tried that before with the same result, but this time it worked - in both Parallels and VMWare Fusion (not that the virtual machine should make a difference).

So, I'm up and running and happily using Bibleworks once again.