PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create Note?

tcblack
12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
I've gotta make sure this is the problem of my system and not BW.
Using BW 7.0.019k.1 I just tried to add a comment to James 1:8. Oddly enough even though I have verse notes set to autoload; 1:7 and 1:9 will load and create notes.
Navigating to James 1:8 shows the verse in the browse window but doesn't create/show a James 1:8 note in the notes editor.

Is it just me?

Adelphos
12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I've gotta make sure this is the problem of my system and not BW.Using BW 7.0.019k.1 I just tried to add a comment to James 1:8. Oddly enough even though I have verse notes set to autoload; 1:7 and 1:9 will load and create notes.Navigating to James 1:8 shows the verse in the browse window but doesn't create/show a James 1:8 note in the notes editor. Is it just me?

No, it's not just you. There is definitely a problem with at least James 1:8. When I type a user note in 1:8, it doesn't change when I change verses. There appears to be a glitch with the user notes in this area of James. I also have user notes set to auto-load.

SCSaunders
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Just ran a quick check on 1:8. Same notes issue here.

revaaron
12-10-2008, 08:48 PM
The issue happens for me as well, both in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium. Notes skip from James 1:7-1:9, 1:8 seems to want to write notes for 1:7.

MBushell
12-10-2008, 09:12 PM
The issue happens for me as well, both in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium. Notes skip from James 1:7-1:9, 1:8 seems to want to write notes for 1:7.

The reason for this is that all user notes are based on the numbering scheme used in the NRS. In order for notes to be transportable from user to user, the reference (which is used to build the file name) has to be tied to a particular version. We chose the NRS because it contains the OT and NT and apocrypha and is a commonly used version. The problem is that the NRS has no James 1:8. It crams vss 7 and 8 into 7 and the program does the same for the notes. You can alter this behavior very easily by editing the NRS verse map at this location, but the danger is that your notes become less shareable. I am not sure if there is a good solution other than outting your vs 8 notes in the vs 7 notes. Verse mapping between versions is a pain. There are no happy solutions.

Mike

Adelphos
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I am not sure if there is a good solution other than outting your vs 8 notes in the vs 7 notes. Verse mapping between versions is a pain. There are no happy solutions.

I think this is the best practical solution, because chaning the mapping might make the mapping scheme unstable in all its ways. :cool:

tcblack
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Sigh "bug" by design.
I understand why it has to be this way (I think). Wouldn't it be possible to have a blank James 1:8 inserted into the NRS?

Now that I know it's not truly a bug I can ignore it and put my notes in 1:7 as I already did yesterday. :-)