PDA

View Full Version : Question about modules

unixedge
12-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Good afternoon and a hearty hello!

I have not used BibleWorks since the late 90's. I'm looking for something for Christmas for my dad, and he's always a challenge for gift giving. He'd love a set of Kretzmann's commentary. I see the commentary available as a downloadable module. I have looked around BibileWorks' site and user forums and was unable to find instructions detailing the level of BibleWorks needed to use the Kretzmann module. My dad has BibleWorks 6 and would upgrade (heck, i'll pay for the upgrade) if that's what's needed. My dad knows his way around a computer to do what he needs to do, though BibleWorks is so powerful it can be a bity scary :)

Would anyone have a few minutes to provide advice/suggestions/guidance on how best to get the Kretzmann module working?

Thank you in advance for any help, it is sincerely appreciated!

Michael Hanel
12-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Good afternoon and a hearty hello!

I have not used BibleWorks since the late 90's. I'm looking for something for Christmas for my dad, and he's always a challenge for gift giving. He'd love a set of Kretzmann's commentary. I see the commentary available as a downloadable module. I have looked around BibileWorks' site and user forums and was unable to find instructions detailing the level of BibleWorks needed to use the Kretzmann module. My dad has BibleWorks 6 and would upgrade (heck, i'll pay for the upgrade) if that's what's needed. My dad knows his way around a computer to do what he needs to do, though BibleWorks is so powerful it can be a bity scary :)

Would anyone have a few minutes to provide advice/suggestions/guidance on how best to get the Kretzmann module working?

Thank you in advance for any help, it is sincerely appreciated!

If you have BibleWorks 7 or 8, it's pretty easy.
Step 1. Download the file as found on this page (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?page_id=151).
Step 2. Unzip the file into your \databases\ subfolder of BibleWorks
Step 3. Right click on the Kretzmann CHM file (it'll look like all other HTML help icons), go to Properties and make sure the box for Block is unchecked.
Step 4. Start up BibleWorks and the module is available either through the Menu system (under Resources) or in the Analysis tabs.

Note: if you do not have BibleWorks 7, you can still open the Kretzmann Commentary by double clicking the CHM file. So it is a stand-alone file. But if you have the newer versions of BibleWorks, it can also be opened within the program.