PDA

View Full Version : Ship Date?

Eric
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I was wondering if any of the BibleWorks staff could give us an update on the ship date for BW8? I know the site says mid to late December, but wondered if there is any update....:confused:

Michael Hanel
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I was wondering if any of the BibleWorks staff could give us an update on the ship date for BW8? I know the site says mid to late December, but wondered if there is any update....:confused:

I'm not staff but I think they're busy getting everything ready so they may or may not reply. Last I knew they were getting masters ready and then would be testing them before the mass duplication process. So my (purely speculative) guess would be things are still on target for mid-December. I know they'd rather get them out sooner than later, but in the making masters copies and such they still have to make sure they turn out right. Of course if the staff does have time, maybe they can give something more specific :)

MBushell
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi All,
We have what we think is a good master in hand. Finished today. We'll do some final checks and, Lord willing, send it to the replicator Monday. It takes them about two weeks. They have to make glass masters and send us samples for review before mass reproduction can start. We are sorry for the delays and appreciate your patience, but we want the best product possible for you. We look forward to hearing your reaction to the latest movement in the BibleWorks symphony!
God bless,
Mike

Eric
12-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will be worth the wait... Music to my ears...:)

tcblack
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
The anticipation builds!
Can you ship mine early? ;-)

Bennett B. Wethered
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Having placed my order mid-day on Nov. 19th, I'm hoping that they're shipped in the order they were placed :D.
With thankfulness to our Lord for salvation, and having blessed such men at BibleWorks with the desire and knowledge to create and provide this marvelous product, I await the BW8 with 'baited' breath.

Bennett B. Wethered
Pastor , Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
New Baltimore/Warrenton, Virginia
www.dayspringopc.org (http://www.dayspringopc.com/)

Bennett B. Wethered
12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Having just expressed hope for an early shipment of BW8, God's Word, "treasured in my heart" (Psalm 119.11), reminds me that "some are last who will be first and some are first who will be last" (Luke 13.30; cf., Matt. 19.30, 20.16; Mark 10.31). :o "Thy will be done" (Matt. 6.10, 26.42).

tcblack
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
...I await the BW8 with 'baited' breath...
You've been eating worms?

Bennett B. Wethered
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, BibleWorks (indirectly, in this case) is helping me learn something new every day :).

I have, over the years, heard the expression of waiting upon something (such as BibleWorks 8!) "with baited breath." I learn now (prompted by Pastor Black), after checking on http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/with+bated+breath, that it is more accurately "bated breath," which defines it as "if you wait for something with bated breath, you feel very excited or anxious while you are waiting." I read elsewhere that the phrase was first used by Shakespeare in The Merchant of Venice.

Well, that definition sure describes the state in which I find myself as I wait for my copy of BW8. :D

Dale A. Brueggemann
12-12-2008, 03:35 PM
..."with baited breath" ... is more accurately "bated breath." :D

Whew! That smells... er... sounds so much better.

calvary
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Bennett,

"Bristow, Virginia, just west of Manassas"

Guess where I live? Manassas! Let's hook up. :)

Dave

tcblack
12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
...it is more accurately "bated breath," ...

I could have just corrected you, but the irony was just too good to pass up. :-)
And see? You learned something! Victory huzzah's all around!