PDA

View Full Version : User-created databases

pasquale
11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
-------------------

Michael Hanel
11-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Pasquale, I don't see any major changes with either of these (VDC or Build Module Indexing). So they worked as they did before. I have talked to Michael Bushell about whether the VDC could make versions from a Greek Unicode version and it sounded like he said it was possible to make it to do this. I do not know about adding footnotes to Greek/Hebrew versions however. I don't think they are unwilling to look into these changes in the future, but I don't think they were their #1 priority for the BibleWorks 8 release. So if these are still things you'd be interested in, I would email them explaining what it is you wish BW8 would do and let them see if that is something they can accomplish.

jdarlack
11-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Pasquale, as Michael points out, nothing's changed with the user-created database tools (VDC, CHM, etc.).

I too would like to see the ability to create user-defined lexicons.

Regarding having notes in a Greek or Hebrew version: Have you considered creating a companion "English" text with footnotes that would provide notes to the English? For the base text you could use a transliteration of the Greek and add the correct code for superscript note references. Something like this:

Mat 1:3 Ioudas de egennęsen ton Phares kai ton Zara ek tęs Thamar, Phares de egennęsen ton Hesrôm, Hesrôm de egennęsen ton Aram,{<g>Ý Zare î</g><sup>1</sup> B mae}
Mat 1:4 Aram de egennęsen ton Aminadab, Aminadab de egennęsen ton Naassôn, Naassôn de egennęsen ton Salmôn,
Mat 1:5 Salmôn de egennęsen ton Boes ek tęs Rachab, Boes de egennęsen ton Iôbęd ek tęs Routh, Iôbęd de egennęsen ton Iessai,{<g>Ý Booz</g> L (W) <g>¦</g><sup>1.13</sup> <g>Ű</g> lat sy<sup>p</sup><p>¦<g>Booj</g> C (D<sup>hic</sup>) 33 <i>pc</i> g<p>¦<i>txt</i> <g>î</g><sup>1</sup> <h>a</h> B <g>ů</g>844. <g>ů</g>2211 k co}