PDA

View Full Version : BW8 and Spell Checking

MBushell
11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Someone asked if the BW 8 editor had spell checking. I can't find where that message was so I'll just start a new thread. The short answer is "no" but I have been looking into it and it appears that we could add English, French, German and Spanish spell checking fairly quickly. It involves licensing a third party spell-checker and writing to code to plug it in. Of course it would not check Greek and Hebrew, but it might be useful to have those four languages covered. We will se what we can do before shipping the product. We are hopeful of producing masters to go to the replicator early next week but I think we can get it done, at least in rudimentary form (i.e. spell check document, not in place checking - yet) by then. I am surprised that the BW editor is used wnough for people to want a spell checker, but users have always pushed features way beyond our original intent. That's good. Keeps us on our toes. So whoever asked, look for it in BW8 even though it won't be in the formal advertising. If it's not there we'll get it in as soon as we can as a post release enhancement.
Mike

tcblack
11-24-2008, 01:21 PM
This is why I love you guys! :cool:

Adelphos
11-24-2008, 04:53 PM
...We are hopeful of producing masters to go to the replicator early next week but I think we can get it done, at least in rudimentary form (i.e. spell check document, not in place checking - yet) by then. I am surprised that the BW editor is used wnough for people to want a spell checker, but users have always pushed features way beyond our original intent. That's good. Keeps us on our toes.

Since you're going that far, how about putting a Paste button in there as well. You've got Copy & Cut, but no Paste. I know you can Right-click, but it just seems incongruous to have the Copy and Cut but not a Paste button. This has bugged me from day one. :cool:

'Course, since you've already agreed to the CL tab feature, I'm probably pushing the envelope, but anyway, you might also, since you've decided to go this far, you might also consider giving the BW Editor stand-alone capability if that doesn't require too much reconfiguring.

Michael Hanel
11-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Since you're going that far, how about putting a Paste button in there as well. You've got Copy & Cut, but no Paste. I know you can Right-click, but it just seems incongruous to have the Copy and Cut but not a Paste button. This has bugged me from day one. :cool:

'Course, since you've already agreed to the CL tab feature, I'm probably pushing the envelope, but anyway, you might also, since you've decided to go this far, you might also consider giving the BW Editor stand-alone capability if that doesn't require too much reconfiguring.

Boy with all these requests, you're really going to get your BW-yes-man status revoked. I'd watch it, if I were you :p

Adelphos
11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Boy with all these requests, you're really going to get your BW-yes-man status revoked. I'd watch it, if I were you :p

Yeah, I think everybody who reads this forum knows I'm the ultimate yes-man. :eek:

tcblack
11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I think everybody who reads this forum knows I'm the ultimate yes-man. :eek:

And yet you begin your reply with a derivative of "yes". tsk.

Wesley
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM
A spell checker within Bibleworks will be a valuable addition. I have often wished for a spell checker especially when writing user notes.

MBushell
11-25-2008, 11:03 PM
OK, you got your button. Now I guess I'm the yes man :rolleyes: That's the last one. Tomorrow we start testing installation CDs, Lord Willing.

tcblack
11-26-2008, 08:45 AM
OK, you got your button. Now I guess I'm the yes man :rolleyes: That's the last one. Tomorrow we start testing installation CDs, Lord Willing.

Yipee! Thanks Mike!

Adelphos
11-26-2008, 11:32 AM

Zipper across my mouth. :)