PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 8 Manual?

MWMiles
11-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I tried to access the manual updates web page for version 8 in my frothing desperation but I got a 404 error. Perhaps I'm a tad zealous, but I was really, really, really hoping to get my hands on the version 8 help manual 'cuz I wanted to get ahead of the curve on some aspects and I also wanted to see if version 8 will allow me to compile perhaps dictionaries as a user add-on.

Anywho, obviously I hit the wall, but my drooling has not subsided. There wouldn't happen to be a link for the manual someplace? <snif>

Hmmmmmmm? I hope that I'm not out of line asking about this.

Mike

Michael Hanel
11-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Hmm, you can try begging some of the real staff perhaps. I'm not sure I am allowed to just send you a copy of the help file.

As to compiling of dictionaries. I would say you probably want to try getting a hold of one of the programmers. They do offer the Version Database Compiler and there is help on how to assemble a Custom HTML module, but I think the dictionary is a little more complicated.

MWMiles
11-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Hmm, you can try begging some of the real staff perhaps. I'm not sure I am allowed to just send you a copy of the help file.

As to compiling of dictionaries. I would say you probably want to try getting a hold of one of the programmers. They do offer the Version Database Compiler and there is help on how to assemble a Custom HTML module, but I think the dictionary is a little more complicated.

No... please don't even think of sending me a copy of the help file. :) Maybe I'm wrong-minded, but wouldn't it be a ~good~ thing to have it available for downloading along with the version 8 brochure so that interested parties could more deeply evaluate the product?...... and so that I could snag a copy? :D

Mark Eddy
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Patience and contentment are God-given virtues. If you were to be given a BibleWorks8 Help file without BibleWorks8, you would be severely tempted into impatience, discontent, covetousness, and other great shame and vice.
I have found that if I see something in Help which I do not understand, I want to try it out immediately. Without the program, just reading Help might drive you nuts.
Besides, if everybody tried to download Help, you might crash the BW server.
Patience, patience.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy

MWMiles
11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Patience and contentment are God-given virtues. If you were to be given a BibleWorks8 Help file without BibleWorks8, you would be severely tempted into impatience, discontent, covetousness, and other great shame and vice.
I have found that if I see something in Help which I do not understand, I want to try it out immediately. Without the program, just reading Help might drive you nuts.
Besides, if everybody tried to download Help, you might crash the BW server.
Patience, patience.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy

Ah yes, thank you for keeping me away from all of this by not giving me the Help file. :) I don't want to get all snared up, so I'll go cool my jets then. And I certainly don't want to have a part in any server crashing. Thanks for taking the time to set me straight on all of this.

I need to go outside and make sure that the lawn is growing or maybe I can go paint something and watch it dry.

<smile>

Mike

spitzerpl
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
I need to go outside and make sure that the lawn is growing or maybe I can go paint something and watch it dry.Mike

Please send pictures. I could use the distraction too.

MWMiles
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Please send pictures. I could use the distraction too.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/e26fe1bf76db0c30c2bae77ee4beb1fd2g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0jgovzm3y5z&thumb=5)

Ok.. here's one. :)

tcblack
11-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I've found that frequent trips to the mailbox can sometimes help. I've been known to make upwards of a dozen.

spitzerpl
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/e26fe1bf76db0c30c2bae77ee4beb1fd2g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0jgovzm3y5z&thumb=5)

Ok.. here's one. :)

UUUUHHHH...Pretty. :)