PDA

View Full Version : Question about complimentary unlocks

Harold6
11-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Let me see if I am interpreting this right. I was just reading your page that list the various modules that are available for additional purchase and for some of them, there was a note that said something to the effect that this module is available as a complimentary unlock for up-graders from BibleWorks 7.

When I added up the price of the modules that had this note and then added up the price of the ones you guys are putting in BW8 at no additional cost, I came up with over $200.00 worth of additional resources at no additional cost! Not to mention the new functions that we don't know the cost of! This is amazing! Tell me that I am not imagining this! This is great! I am so giddy! I can't wait! You don't have to ship my copy, I will come and get it! :D

Harold Miller, Jr.

Michael Hanel
11-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Let me see if I am interpreting this right. I was just reading your page that list the various modules that are available for additional purchase and for some of them, there was a note that said something to the effect that this module is available as a complimentary unlock for up-graders from BibleWorks 7.

When I added up the price of the modules that had this note and then added up the price of the ones you guys are putting in BW8 at no additional cost, I came up with over $200.00 worth of additional resources at no additional cost! Not to mention the new functions that we don't know the cost of! This is amazing! Tell me that I am not imagining this! This is great! I am so giddy! I can't wait! You don't have to ship my copy, I will come and get it! :D

Harold Miller, Jr.

Clarify just a bit which specific things you're looking at. If it's the three grammars (Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament (Wallace), Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax (Waltke & OíConnor), and A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew (JoŁon & Muraoka)) you mean, then you are correct. Even if you did not unlock these as modules in BW7, they are complimentary (or if you prefer, included in the price of upgrading) to BW8.

So if that's what you mean, then you're right, it is a fabulous deal. There are numerous ways to justify the cost of the upgrade. I mentioned previously the Pseudepigrapha texts, but this indeed is another one.

Harold6
11-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Michael,

You are correct, with those 3, the value is $148.00. But also add the Metzer's Textual Commentary ($20.00), A Greek-English Lexicon (LEHS) of the Septuagint, a $25.00 value and Newman's Concise Greek-English Dictionary of the NT, (a $10.00 unlock). On each of these modules it says: "Upgraders from BW7 will recieve a complimentary unlock for this module." or in some cases "Upgraders from previous versions of BW will recieve a complimentary unlock for this module."

In addition to the three you mention and the new features, this is an additional $55.00 value!