PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Old Testament Synoptics

Atkinson_china
11-11-2008, 12:16 PM
For the Gospels there is the "synopsis window" tool - but what about if I am attempting to compare Kings and Chronicles? I have tried to use the "parallel versions" but this stays in synchronise mode, hence I am always either in Chronicles or Kings ... but cannot splite between the two. I would like to have WTT, English, and word analysis capabilities in each window. Any suggestions?

MGVH
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Go to Jeff Jackson's page here:
http://www.jeff-jackson.com/

Scroll down to synopsis tables > OT > BibleWorks. (You can preview the type of parallels he has created by viewing the HTML version.) Download/unzip the files. You can now open these in the BW Synopsis window.

Adelphos
11-11-2008, 08:20 PM
For the Gospels there is the "synopsis window" tool - but what about if I am attempting to compare Kings and Chronicles? I have tried to use the "parallel versions" but this stays in synchronise mode, hence I am always either in Chronicles or Kings ... but cannot splite between the two. I would like to have WTT, English, and word analysis capabilities in each window. Any suggestions?

You can open the parallel versions window with the versions you want, for example, type on command line --

p kjv wtt

Now you have two versions. You can then click in the window of the KJV, then click on the browse icon in the left of the window (the two little feet) -- this will give you a verse-by-verse display, then next, click on the the analysis window icon (the second from the bottom), and this will give you the analysis window below the text.

Now click in the text of window of the WTT and go through the same steps.

Now, to avoid having both windows scroll in synchroniztion, do NOT use the the arrows in the upper left of the parallel versions window; rather, use the arrow buttons to the RIGHT of each version, i.e., the arrow buttons in the upper RIGHT of the KJV window, and the arrow button in the upper RIGHT in the WTT version.

This will scroll each version independantly of the other.

Also, make sure "show browse list boxes" is checked in the parallel versions window title. These also move the verse of your version independantly of the other.

If your browse list boxes aren't visible, then right-click in the gray area above the browse text and this will give you the options you need.