PDA

View Full Version : Can the word list manager do this?

Junior
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I've been nosing around the forum for a few days looking for info, but haven't had much luck. Perhaps I need to join several steps together, but I'll be ding-blasted if I can figure out what they are. So far, I have a list of all the Greek New Testament words that occur less than 10 times. What I would like to do is get BibleWorks to spit out a list of those words which appear first in John. In other words, I wish to have a list of all the less-than-10 words that occur in John, but not in Matthew, Mark or Luke. Is this possible, or am I barking at the wrong mailman?

Phil Elliott, Jr.

Adelphos
10-31-2008, 10:09 PM
...In other words, I wish to have a list of all the less-than-10 words that occur in John, but not in Matthew, Mark or Luke. Is this possible, or am I barking at the wrong mailman?

You can confine your search limits within the WL. Just confine it to John.

Adelphos
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
I would also add, of course, that after listing the words in John in the Main Word List box you would then need to list the worlds in Matthew through Luke in the Secondary Word List and then select the words that were NOT common to both lists under the Select menu item.

Junior
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks a bunch, =Adelfoj! Lots of work, but functions just fine and dandy. It must be nice to be intelligent.