PDA

View Full Version : Italics in BW

Septuagenarian
10-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I am running BW 5.0 on a PC using XP Home. When italics appear in the auto-info window, certain letters are truncated on the right side when appearing at the end of a line. Lower case r, for example. The portion projecting horizontally is cut off. I had this problem back when I was using an earlier operating system and corrected it, but now cannot seem to find the right tweak to the display. I am hoping someone has a way to cure it.

The Miscreantal Septuagenarian

Dale A. Brueggemann
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
When italics appear in the auto-info window, certain letters are truncated on the right side when appearing at the end of a line. Lower case r, for example. The portion projecting horizontally is cut off.

Sounds like the font is not an actual italics font so your software is "making" italics by slanting the roman font. If you can change the fonts to one that also has an actual italics listed in the font manager, you might solve the problem.

Septuagenarian
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I changed from Arial to Times New Roman, and it appears the problem went away. It seems it must have something to do with BW, because Arial should work just fine, as far as italics are concerned. Arial Italic is included in the list of fonts in Control Panel.

The Miscreantal Septuagenarian