PDA

View Full Version : How to backup and restore?

MortenJensen
10-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi all
I want to 'nuke' my PC. But how do I backup and restore BW the most effecient way?
A search here did not help me a lot.
Does it mean that there is no easy way to backup BW (user databases, unlocked modules, tabs etc.)?

Thanks
Morten

Michael Hanel
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi all
I want to 'nuke' my PC. But how do I backup and restore BW the most effecient way?
A search here did not help me a lot.
Does it mean that there is no easy way to backup BW (user databases, unlocked modules, tabs etc.)?

Thanks
Morten

I don't know what your method of backup is, but if BibleWorks isn't causing you problems and you want most or all of what you have currently installed, just copy the entire BibleWorks folder to whatever backup system you are using.

MortenJensen
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
great, I will try that.
Morten

ccozier
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
I'll confirm that simply copying the entire Bibleworks directory works great, but don't forget the *.ini files in your Windows directory.

When I'm moving BW 7, I simply copy the bw7 directory to an external USB hard drive along with the ini files.

I'd love for logos to move that easily.

MortenJensen
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks - but which ini-files exactly?
Morten

Michael Hanel
10-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I'll confirm that simply copying the entire Bibleworks directory works great, but don't forget the *.ini files in your Windows directory.

When I'm moving BW 7, I simply copy the bw7 directory to an external USB hard drive along with the ini files.

I'd love for logos to move that easily.

You can strike me down if I'm wrong, but all of BW7s .ini files are kept in the BibleWorks folder, so there is no need to look for anything in the Windows directory.

ccozier
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
You're right, the BW7 ini files are in the BW7 directory. That (I think) is a change from previous versions.

OK, scratch out the ini files from the Windows directory in BW7