PDA

View Full Version : forcing font to convert

John David Duke Jr
06-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to force Bwhebb to export to Ezra SIL (and eventually I need to export to SP Tiberian). I think I've been following all the help file instructions, but when I copy and paste an extended portion (or an portion) of bwhebb to MS Word, it always exports to Bwhebb.

I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

-OR-

If anyone knows where I can locate the text of Isaiah in SP Tiberian format, that would ease all difficulties.

Thanks,

Dave

Joe Fleener
06-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Here are the steps I followed and it worked for me:

1. Go to tools - options.

2. Click on the "fonts" tab

3. Select in the "Font Set to Edit" box, the "Export Fonts" radio button.

4. Keep the "Active Export Fonts" box checked.

5. Within the "Font Set" box click on the drop down box for "Hebrew"

6. Select SBL - Hebrew as your font.

7. Click OK.

8. Copy text from BW into Word.

I followed those steps with bwhebb being displayed in BW and it copied as SBL - Hebrew.

John David Duke Jr
06-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Here are the steps I followed and it worked for me:

Thank you very much. Evidently, BW6, in this aspect, is much improved over BW5, which I am still using. There is no "export fonts" radio button, nor the SBL font set to choose from.

Alas!

Dave

Joe Fleener
06-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Sorry, I should have asked your version before giving a quick answer.

I no longer have 5.0 installed...maybe someone who does can check to see if something like this is possible, although I do seem to remember that it was not, and one had to create Word Macros to covert fonts after exporting them.

Charlie
06-22-2004, 03:36 PM
You will only have the SBL font listed if you have it installed. This hasn't anything to do with the differences between BibleWorks 5 and 6. I doubt the SBL Hebrew font has the identical font mapping as the BibleWorks Hebrew font however, which means you'll need to create a mapping file so the font can be converted. Perhaps someone out there has already created this mapping file. If so let us know.

Charlie