PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Search 1 Sam 7:12

Tonnee10
10-11-2008, 02:30 PM
:confused: Hi! How can I search for every instance when the Hebrew prepositon "ben" (between) appears in the following manner: [ben any noun ben any noun] as in 1 Sam 7:12? I'm trying to find out if every time this construction occurs it means "between" [a town] and "between" [another town]. Thanks

Mark Eddy
10-13-2008, 12:25 AM
:confused: Hi! How can I search for every instance when the Hebrew prepositon "ben" (between) appears in the following manner: [ben any noun ben any noun] as in 1 Sam 7:12? I'm trying to find out if every time this construction occurs it means "between" [a town] and "between" [another town]. Thanks
Use WTM as your search version. Begin your search with ' (for a string search). For any noun use *@n* . Put the words in the order you wish, and do your search. Remember that Hebrew word order is backward. So ben is the first word on the right of the command line. Also, since the phrase in 1 Sam. 7:12 contains a waw before the second ben, you need a place holder wildcard for that. So here is your search:
'*@n* !yb * *@n* !yb
Mark Eddy

Tonnee10
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you Mark! This is exactly what I was trying to do!