PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a Hebrew Greek English Bible?

Sebastian
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I have been trying for some time now to get a hold of a Hebrew English OT and Greek English NT all in one binding. The American Bible Society produces a Hebrew Greek Bible, which I have and a Greek English NT, which I also have. The Sovereign Grace Publishers produces something close as that it has hebrew english OT and greek english NT but it has a bunch of stuff in there that I don't need like interlinear translation (waste of space) and strongs numbers (an even bigger waste of space), and so the actual Hebrew and Greek is so small and poorly printed that it makes it almost unusable. Furthermore, the Hebrew and Greek are not critical editions. Does anyone know of either a published text like what I am looking for or how to produce it on my computer so I can go get it printed and bound?

So far I have tried cutting the text from bibleworks into Word, but when I try to make columns it doesn't do a running column of each but just restarts each page. I would also be satisfied with a Hebrew or Greek text on one page and the English on the other, but I have no idea how to even begin to format something like this.

Help.

Clint Yale
09-30-2008, 11:01 PM
My first Hebrew Greek Bible consisted of the Norman Henry Snaith edition of the Hebrew text and the 3rd edition of the UBS Greek NT. I had them bound together. If your were to add the English text to this it would become very bulky in size. I am not sure of your goal here. Do you want portability and accessibility? The only way to reduce the size would be to go electronic. You have the ability to pick and choose versions and run them in parallel. That is just my 2 cents.:)
Clint Yale

Michael Hanel
09-30-2008, 11:15 PM
While I'm not entirely sure this guy is legally allowed to post this (http://natebostian.blogspot.com/2008/06/bible-i-have-always-wanted.html), he might be able to offer you tips to produce something like that for yourself.