PDA

View Full Version : Getting BibleWorks to work with a MAC

Davey-Mac
09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Greetings, I imagine my question has been asked a million times, but here is another go...
I have recently switched from pc to MAC, and I would like to transfer my BibleWorks 6 to my MAC. It is Intel based, and so I can run BootCamp, but I am not really sure how to do this, and I cannot find any clear info on how it works.
I do not want to run Windows, I just want to use the BootCamp program to run the Bibleworks.

How do I do this?

Thanks for your time and attention,
DM

Dogfish Jones
09-23-2008, 10:49 PM
All bootcamp does is partition your hard drive and create a windows driver disk so, when you install windows, you can then take advantage of the hardware that is a part of your mac. You still need a valid copy of windows, and you still need to install windows on your mac.

Better, more valid options than bootcamp might be Parallels or VMWare Fusion. Both still require a valid copy of windows, but they will enable you to run your windows programs side-by-side with your mac programs.

If you want to completely avoid windows though, you'll have to go with Logos (whose mac program is in beta) or with Accordance, which is native to the mac.

Do a search for mac on these forums and you'll get a lot more information.

Davey-Mac
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi, Pastor Garrison,

Thanks for the tip. Now this makes sense to me. As I may have implied, I am new to MAC, and some of the stages were missing in my conception.

Many thanks for your time.

DM

Dogfish Jones
09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
No problems. Feel free to post or email if you have any hangups or questions along the way.

dribex
10-20-2008, 02:21 AM
I have Boot Camp on my Mac and run BW and Logos fine.
It it true that you must have a copy of Windows to install on the Boot Camp partition.

Will
The Master's College

arlene
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Has anyone tried to run Bibleworks on Mac using the Crossover program by Codeweavers? I've heard it's good, can use Davkawriter with it, and was wondering about Bibleworks.

carlyse_09
10-26-2008, 02:39 AM
I didn't try it..Do you think we can do that?how?

manthano
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
search the forums, its been done. from what i understand the toolbar buttons do not appear but other than that it works..

If you want to try it Crossover is free TODAY ONLY (10/28) from Codeweavers.com (long story, but basically the developer claimed that if one of several things happened during Bush's last days in office he would release his software for free for one day only. Well, one of those things was the price of gas dropping to $2.79 and it happened so he's honoring his promised)

Go to http://lameduck.codeweavers.com/free to register for a serial number and download the software. For my experience you don't need the serial number to install the software but will need it for future updates.