PDA

View Full Version : Notes Question

Howard Flynn
09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I have noticed that in the notes directory of my BW7 I will see all of my chapter notes from the time I first purchased the program. However, I looking at the notes directory I see subdirectories for each book of the Bible. When I do the ordinary notes routine my notes go in the basic directory rather than the subdirectories. Can someone tell me the purpose of these directories and how they are used? Thank you.

Adelphos
09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I have noticed that in the notes directory of my BW7 I will see all of my chapter notes from the time I first purchased the program. However, I looking at the notes directory I see subdirectories for each book of the Bible. When I do the ordinary notes routine my notes go in the basic directory rather than the subdirectories. Can someone tell me the purpose of these directories and how they are used? Thank you.

I don't know what you mean by "the ordinary notes routine"; but essentially when you have your Notes options set (Tools | Options | Note Options) so that "Load Notes Automatically" is checked, and "Maintain user note for each chapter (not verse)" is NOT checked, then a folder is created for each book you visit in the results window, even if you don't enter anything into the verse note itself. You can verify this by going to your Notes folder and then looking in some of the sub-folders. You will see a folder for a particular book even though the folder itself may be empty.

I don't know if the way the options are set in the aforementioned are the ONLY way that BW creates sub-folders though. That's just the way I have my options set. BW may create sub-folders with the options set other ways as well.

In any case, that's why you see so many book folders in your Notes folder.

Howard Flynn
09-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Thank you. I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that the folders were placed there on installation. There is a folder for every book of the Bible.

Howard Flynn
10-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Sorry, but you have it wrong. The files in the Notes section that BW puts there are for when you do verse notes as opposed to chapter notes When you do a chapter note it goes in the Notes folder. No special folder is created. When you use the verse option BW puts your notes in the prelabeled folders that come with BW. Try it and see.

Adelphos
10-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry, but you have it wrong. The files in the Notes section that BW puts there are for when you do verse notes as opposed to chapter notes.

I believe that is exactly what I said.

Howard Flynn
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I guess I didn't understand. This program can be be a little bit overwhelming. Libronix has a two day Camp Logos that really helps one learn that program. I wish that BW would do this and video the seminar for those who can't attend because of distance.

Adelphos
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I guess I didn't understand. This program can be be a little bit overwhelming. Libronix has a two day Camp Logos that really helps one learn that program. I wish that BW would do this and video the seminar for those who can't attend because of distance.

Have you gone through all of the instructional videos that come with BW?

Howard Flynn
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Some but not all of them. Do you have any particular ones that you recommend. I know they are all good but in anything, something usually stands out. Libronix approach is very effective and one that BW could easily do. I am not criticising the videos, just that they could take it a step farther and increase the effectiveness of their program.

hf

Adelphos
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Some but not all of them. Do you have any particular ones that you recommend. I know they are all good but in anything, something usually stands out. Libronix approach is very effective and one that BW could easily do. I am not criticising the videos, just that they could take it a step farther and increase the effectiveness of their program.

I'm not familiar with Libronix's approach, so I can't address that, but if you go to --

Help | Getting Started | BibleWorks Study Guides |

this will take you to a large index of topics. On the far right of this screen under Miscellaneous Tasks you will find a few topics on user notes.

If you haven't gone through those, then that's a good place to start.

ingosorke
10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Bibleworks also has one-day workshops. http://www.bibleworks.com/training

Ingo