PDA

View Full Version : Help please, Losing Config File

Paul Toseland
09-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I have made a config file with the versions I want to use.. periodically BW seems to lose this file. This is a great nuisance as I then have to do it all over again and as I am blind it takes a long time.

Any suggestions as to why it is losing the file, or ways I can fix this? (Of course in hindsight I see that I should have backed up the file but I don't think I even know where it is stored... :(

Thanks in advance. It's my main tool and I would hate to have to do without Bibleworks.

MGVH
09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I think there are two parts to your issue.
1) In order to save your favorite versions, you should set up Search and Display Favorites. To do this use the menu and select Tools then Options then the Versions tab. Add and edit whatever combination of versions you want to search and display. After you have saved that information, it will now always be available by clicking on the button just to the left of the command line and choosing from the list that drops down. Updating BibleWorks never overwrites these choices.

2) The other issue is the version display order, and BibleWorks updates always overwrite this one. Using the menu, use View then Version Display Order. Move the versions up or down as you wish, then be sure to save the file and give it a descriptive name of your choosing. I actually have a few different version order files depending on the work I am doing. When a BibleWorks update changes the version order, simply choose View then Version Display Order then click the Open button and load your saved version orders.