PDA

View Full Version : Notes Suggestion

Ben Spackman
09-19-2008, 02:43 PM
I find that I have multiple *thematic* notes that I cannot keep track of. I can't tie them to a single verse, because then I'd never see it unless that verse came up again.

What I would like is a way to tie an editor file to a verse or chapter, or multiple of the above. So, for example, if I were in Gen 1:1, I'd have a note file for the verse, one for the chapter, (like normal) but also some kind of indicator that my Creation editor file applies to this verse. I'm looking for a way to tag editor files, for multiple verses and chapters.

:)

Adelphos
09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I find that I have multiple *thematic* notes that I cannot keep track of.

I know exactly what you mean, which is why I was going to write a program for the VLM so as to make thematic notes available, but I've put that off until at least BW 8.

In the meantime, I DO use the VLM to do what you desire; it's just that you have to keep track somewhat manually.

For example, I have a "SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD" VLM file that contains numerous verses where this topic is covered in the Bible. I set my view in the Analysis Window to User Notes and then, with the VLM open and this topic loaded, when I click on each verse in the VLM file the User Note automatically shows up, although, the Notes don't refresh automatically, so you have to go back-forward to get them to refresh each time.

Of course, you can also export the VLM file to a tab so that you don't have to keep the VLM open.

I know this is not exactly what you're requesting, but I've found it to nevertheless be a fairly simple way to keep track of various topics and themes.

Ben Spackman
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Edit: sorry wrong thread.

MWMiles
11-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I find that I have multiple *thematic* notes that I cannot keep track of. I can't tie them to a single verse, because then I'd never see it unless that verse came up again.

What I would like is a way to tie an editor file to a verse or chapter, or multiple of the above. So, for example, if I were in Gen 1:1, I'd have a note file for the verse, one for the chapter, (like normal) but also some kind of indicator that my Creation editor file applies to this verse. I'm looking for a way to tag editor files, for multiple verses and chapters.

:)

I'd love to have something like this. I often do topical studies and it would be great to somehow be able to open a saved Topical note and add hyperlinks or some other methodology to allow me to follow from one end of my topical study to the other and add/subtract note links as desired.

This would also make it possible to share topical studies with friends that use BibleWorks.

tcblack
11-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I've been manually adding links to my verse files for awhile now in the format of
"For more information see Excursis on topic1, topic2"

The downside is that if I'm not diligent I suffer the same loss of information. It's a bit like having your sunglasses atop your head and running all over the house looking for them.

"I know I have that document somewhere on Levirite marriage but I can't find it..."