PDA

View Full Version : Two Verses Off Glitch

doulosChristou
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
I have a recurring problem. When I do a command line search for a form and then click on one of the verses from the results in the verse list box, the display (in browse mode) often starts two verses prior to the verse that I clicked on. For example, I click on Ecc 12:5 and the display window begins with Ecc 12:3. This happens about 40% of the time. I'm using version 7.0.019j.4. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!

Michael Hanel
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a recurring problem. When I do a command line search for a form and then click on one of the verses from the results in the verse list box, the display (in browse mode) often starts two verses prior to the verse that I clicked on. For example, I click on Ecc 12:5 and the display window begins with Ecc 12:3. This happens about 40% of the time. I'm using version 7.0.019j.4. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!

Describe more fully steps you take to get this mistake. Include what you're using as search/display version, an example of a search you did that caused this error, etc.

doulosChristou
09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Michael. I wish I could repeat it at will, but it only happens about 40% of the time. In a recent example, I took the following steps. I'm using BGT as the search/display version. I have search limits set to Ecclesiastes only. In browse mode, I am at Ecc 9:2. From the command line, I type ".elqwsin" and hit Enter. Ecc 12:1 displays in the verse list, but Ecc 11:9 is where the text begins in the browse window. I video-captured this particular incident and can email an avi file which, at 15MB zipped, exceeds the file limits for forum attachments.

Mark Eddy
09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Have you tried closing BW (or maybe even rebooting Windows)? If so, do you have the same problem. Sometimes reopening BW helps for me.
Alternately, have you used a non-biblical version as the search version in BW since you opened it last? I have had some problems switching between my Josephus tab and tabs with biblical versions. BW sometimes forgets what the search version is in the different tabs, so your first search after switching tabs can give you the wrong results.
This doesn't sound like what you are doing, but it's the only thing on my computers that causes a problem similar to what you describe.
Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
09-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Michael. I wish I could repeat it at will, but it only happens about 40% of the time. In a recent example, I took the following steps. I'm using BGT as the search/display version. I have search limits set to Ecclesiastes only. In browse mode, I am at Ecc 9:2. From the command line, I type ".elqwsin" and hit Enter. Ecc 12:1 displays in the verse list, but Ecc 11:9 is where the text begins in the browse window. I video-captured this particular incident and can email an avi file which, at 15MB zipped, exceeds the file limits for forum attachments.

hmm, well I suppose there isn't much one can do if it's not 100% able to reduplicated. I took the steps you said and didn't seem to have any problems. You can try emailing the tech support about it, but if no one is able to produce a chain which will recreate the problem, it's probably pretty difficult for them to troubleshoot. Needless to say, I have never experienced any problem like this...