PDA

View Full Version : Josephus Files (Rev 1 6.0.0010g)

MBushell
06-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Josephus Files (Rev 1 6.0.0010g)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
Date: 06/16/04 at 11:14:08
Title: Josephus Files (Rev 1 6.0.0010g)
Description:

This patch contains the next set of updates for the Josephus files.

Instructions:
To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a NOT a trial version. No access code is needed to download this patch.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
jom.dbx | [databases]
jom.wdc | [databases]
joma.dbx | [databases]
joma.wdc | [databases]
jos.dbx | [databases]
jos.wdc | [databases]
josa.dbx | [databases]
josa.wdc | [databases]

Roy Ciampa
06-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Where are we/you/checkers at with regard to the Josephus files? Can a percentage be given of the extent to which the material in those files can be trusted? Are they 50% checked? 75%?

Thanks,

Roy Ciampa

MBushell
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi Dr. Ciampa,

It's hard to say because as they read through the material they do a lot of global changes and changes of all occurrences of a word. But I believe that Aletti is almost finished with the Antiquities, which is really the bulk of the work. Gieniusz is working on other parts. They did indicate that they thought they would be finished by the Fall, which is not far away. If I had to put a number on the work I would say 95%, but as you can imagine the last 5% is the hardest. I know that all the hapaxes have slowed them a bit. But it is competent work.

Mike

Roy Ciampa
06-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks Mike,

That's pretty about what I expected, but it's good to hear it from you!

God bless,

Roy