PDA

View Full Version : BW7 and synchronization

brywkeo
08-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I do most of my work with BW7 on my desktop, and I take my laptop with me to church etc... I can't seem to figure out what files i need to sync in order to keep the changes I've made on my desktop (preferences etc...) in sync with my laptop. When i sync the 'ini' files nothing changes. I'm sure I'm missing something real simple here. Your help is appreciated.

Bryan

brywkeo
08-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I installed 'FolderShare' and synched both BibleWorks folders (desktop and laptop). Now although they are both the same, whenever I start either one of them I get these two errors 'The MRD & PES version is defined in multiple DBU files. Each DBU file must have a unique version ID.'

Am I in trouble and how do I fix this?

Bryan

dbielby
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
What about using an application that allows you to access it remotely?

brywkeo
08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I found out that both error messages are FolderShare related and not BibleWorks. FolderShare, for some reason, has problems with the BibleWorks 'databases' subdirectory and wrote several files to that directory on both of my machines. This was due in whole to various databases often made up of multiple files with unique version ID numbers. Once I removed the files that FolderShare created and removed FolderShare from synching the BibleWorks directory, everything returned to normal.

It would be nice to find out which file in BibleWorks stores the changes that one makes, for example under 'external links' and 'parallel versions' etc... so that one need not repeat the process on the laptop.
:)

Mark Eddy
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
which file in BibleWorks stores the changes that one makes, for example under 'external links' and 'parallel versions' etc... so that one need not repeat the process on the laptop.
Parallel versions are stored in the BW700.ini file in the main BW7 directory. You may want to copy the verse history and word history lists as well. They are in the "init" folder: bwword.hst and bwverse.hst. If you have set up different configuration settings, they will also be in the init folder. You might want to look in there to see if there is something you want to keep the same on both computers.
Sorry, I haven't use the external links lately, so I don't remember where they are stored.
Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
08-12-2008, 11:50 PM
It would be nice to find out which file in BibleWorks stores the changes that one makes, for example under 'external links' and 'parallel versions' etc... so that one need not repeat the process on the laptop.

If you would have checked the External links section (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61) of the forum, you might have been able to figure out the file links are stored in is called ShellExec.txt. If you haven't checked that out, well now you know :)