PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Greek words show in English translations?

cavancura
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
I have always wanted to pull up English verses based upon a Greek word. For instance, I want to display in KJV each instance of the greek
evkdike,w. Every time I switch the search version to Greek and do a keyword search, the display window switches to Greek. When I switch the display window back to KJV, all my search references dissappear!:( Is there any way to do this? Thank you very much if you can help me!:)

Mark Eddy
07-30-2008, 01:27 AM
I have always wanted to pull up English verses based upon a Greek word. For instance, I want to display in KJV each instance of the greek evkdike,w. Every time I switch the search version to Greek and do a keyword search, the display window switches to Greek. When I switch the display window back to KJV, all my search references dissappear!:( Is there any way to do this? Thank you very much if you can help me!:)

I do not have this problem on my computer. When I switch from Greek to English the references remain in the search window.
Look in "Options" under "Search Window Configuration Options" and make sure that you have checked "Automatically remap Search Window verse list on version change" and your problem should go away. If not, write back with a specific instance.
Mark Eddy

cavancura
07-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Thanks for your reply. I do not have the same version of BibleWorks apparently. My version is 6.0.012i. The reason I say this is that I dont have "Search Window Configuration Options", I only have "Results Window Configuration Options", and there is no option flag to set named "Automatically remap Search Window verse list on version change". Is this perhaps a bug that was corrected in a later version? Thanks, Curtis