PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks Won't Load

Iber
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I have Vista Ultimate 64. I had BibleWorks on this computer before with no problem. I had to have my hard drive wiped and restored. I went to reload BibleWorks and it won't reload. I keep getting an error on the first disk referring to a .DLL. The only thing that I can think that is different is that I have service pack 1 installed. Any ideas?????

Brian Fink
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
You may need to uninstall BibleWorks, install it again, and download the Vista patch from the BibleWorks website before running the program. Once you've installed the patch, try to load BibleWorks again.

Iber
09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
You may need to uninstall BibleWorks, install it again, and download the Vista patch from the BibleWorks website before running the program. Once you've installed the patch, try to load BibleWorks again.
I still can't load the software. I keep getting an error code, here is the code: [-5006: 0x80070017]. How can I uninstall BibleWorks when I don't have it installed? I get the error code on my first disk in the Install Shield.

Adelphos
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I still can't load the software. I keep getting an error code, here is the code: [-5006: 0x80070017]. How can I uninstall BibleWorks when I don't have it installed? I get the error code on my first disk in the Install Shield.

I don't know how to help you, but if you'll go here and follow the instructions I believe they can resolve your problem --

http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html

Iber
11-30-2008, 02:11 AM
I finally have been able to reload my BW. I bought a registry cleaner and it fixed the problem. Thank you for all your help.