PDA

View Full Version : A way to determine Bible book and chapter length in BW?

naked
06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm putting together a long-term ministry plan. I'm trying to decide how I want to divide and plan things. So, I'm trying to figure out how "long" each book and chapter are. I'd like to be able to see this at a glance. A bar graph would be neat too.... but I'm only asking for raw numbers. Is there a way to have Bibleworks count words in chapters and books?

Adelphos
06-26-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm putting together a long-term ministry plan. I'm trying to decide how I want to divide and plan things. So, I'm trying to figure out how "long" each book and chapter are. I'd like to be able to see this at a glance. A bar graph would be neat too.... but I'm only asking for raw numbers. Is there a way to have Bibleworks count words in chapters and books?

If you type on the command line the following --

;*

(semicolon+asterisk) then this will give you the total number of verses. You can then open the Detailed Statistics Window --

Search | Detailed Statistics Window...

and this will give you a bar-graph and other figures.

Without knowing the specifics I can't be any more specific, but there are a number of other ways to break things down. You also might want to play with the KWIC and the WLM and VLM for refining searches and configurations.

naked
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the response. This works well, though I'd still like to be able to know how many words are in each book. Is there a way to do this?

EDIT: By importing ;* into the Query window, It allowed me to select "Number of hits in book" in the Detailed Stats window. Whereas doing this straight from the command line wouldn't allow me access to this option.

Thanks!