PDA

View Full Version : MIssing ESV note codes

Duncan
06-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Currently, for variety's sake, I'm reading through the Bible in the ESV. However, although I can see a window with minimal notes in it for the ESV, I don't see any of the codes for the notes in the biblical text. For example, I was at Gen 14:13. The ESV notes have an "b" with a verse, a "b" with a verse and a "1' with the statement "or terebinth." However, there are no "a"s, "b"s or "1"s in the text of the ESV at Gen 14:13. What am I missing?

Also, if I hoever with my mouse over a word in the NASB, I get a hypertext window with the Hebrew or Greek word that is behind the translation. In the ESV, I get nothing. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

As an aside,
I'm doing spell checking for this post based on teh red that I see as generated by Firefox. I don't see an icon on the toolbar for tis window for spell checking. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Duncan

Glenn Weaver
06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi Duncan,

To show the letters and numbers in the text of the ESV that correspond to the notes in the Analysis Window, click your mouse inside the Browse Window (this gives the Browse Window the focus), then type the letter 'n' on your keyboard. The letter 'n' in the Browse Window is a toggle for turning the notes reference letters/numbers on and off. To turn the letters/numbers off again, type the letter 'n' once again.

There are no Strongs tags for the ESV, as the copyright holder has not provided us with a tagged text of the ESV.