PDA

View Full Version : WTT/WTM - Color file for Textual Notes

Ewan MacLeod
06-04-2008, 12:31 PM
The WTT/WTM comes with a collection of textual notes, where the WHI editors have attached a note to specific words. Currently the words in the Hebrew text which have notes are not highlighted in any way, so you are generally not aware that they are there unless you happen to stumble upon them.

I have created a simple color file which highlights words in red which have an editor's note. These are attached. If you are interested, install them as described in the BW User Manual. When you see a word in red while looking at WTT/WTM, just hover over the word to display the note in the Word Analysis window. Words in bold are in large letters in BHS, words in italics are small letters, and words underlined are inverted. Go to Lev 11:42 as an example.

You can find further information about the editor's notes by looking at the WTM Reference Guide, which is a PDF file about the WTM that is included with BW. This guide also has some examples of the notes.

Although a simple thing to do, this color file makes reading the Hebrew text much more informative.

Shalom,

Ewan MacLeod

SCSaunders
06-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I have created a simple color file which highlights words in red which have an editor's note. These are attached. If you are interested, install them as described in the BW User Manual. Ewan, Thanks!

Okay. I've run a search in the BW User Manual, and I can't find anything on installing a flash color table file. Would you please let me know where to look. I'll gladly take it from there.

Thanks!

Ewan MacLeod
06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Copy the zip file onto your hard disk, then unzip the two files it contains. Copy these two files into your BibleWorks databases folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7\databases). Then restart BibleWorks. Set WTT as the search text, and as a display text. Then go to Tools --> Color Selection Window. Under sections 3 and 4 of this window, "wtt-notes" and "wtm-notes" should be displayed as a possible color file, associated with WTT. Click the square box beside both of these, to indicate that you want to display the colors inside these files. Click Close, then go back to BibleWorks. Words in WTT which have notes should now be highlighted in red. Go to Lev 11:42, for example, where "al-gakhon" should be highlighted. Hover the mouse over the word, to see what the text note is.

SCSaunders
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Copy the zip file onto your hard disk, then unzip the two files it contains. Copy these two files into your BibleWorks databases folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7\databases). Then restart BibleWorks. Set WTT as the search text, and as a display text. Then go to Tools --> Color Selection Window. Under sections 3 and 4 of this window, "wtt-notes" and "wtm-notes" should be displayed as a possible color file, associated with WTT. Click the square box beside both of these, to indicate that you want to display the colors inside these files. Click Close, then go back to BibleWorks. Words in WTT which have notes should now be highlighted in red. Go to Lev 11:42, for example, where "al-gakhon" should be highlighted. Hover the mouse over the word, to see what the text note is.Awesome! Thank you. Works perfect.