PDA

View Full Version : Changing fonts in Lexicons

Ewan MacLeod
06-04-2008, 08:51 AM
I want to try a different English font when displaying lexicon entries in the Lexicon browser window. In the Tools --> Options --> Fonts window, I have selected Times New Roman in all entries of the English "Font Set" section of the window, and I have done this for each entry in the "Font Set to Edit" section, i.e. for Search Window Fonts, Browse Window Fonts and Export Fonts. Despite this, the lexicon window always displays the English text in Arial font, never in Times New Roman. Only the size of the text can be changed, not the font itself.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to do it?

Kol tuv,

Ewan MacLeod

Greg Ward
06-04-2008, 09:12 AM
This probably is not possible as is. It would seem to require a complete re-writing of the lexicon, dictionary, etc. file, as I believe these modules are compiled into html help files. You could search the net to see if you can change fonts in those kinds of files on the fly.

The best the forums have come up with for even changing font size is the following:
http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2909&highlight=Font+size

Anyone else have ideas or experience?

Philip Brown
06-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi, Ewan,

The only place the font face for lexicons can be changed is in the Analysis Window (aka Auto-Info Window).