PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks Reinstallation

freegrace
05-24-2008, 02:00 PM
I have owned BibleWorks for quite some time. Back when I had BibleWorks5, I obtained a copy of the HALOT/BDAG module. However, my computer recently crashed and I need to reinstall BibleWorks. I have my original disks for BibleWorks 7 but I don't have the codes I need to install the modules. What do I need to do? I have another laptop with my Bibleworks 5 version with the modules on it. Is there a way to find the code on my old laptop?

Mark Eddy
05-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Is there a way to find the code on my old laptop?
Using "My Computer" open to the BW5 folder. There you should see a folder titled "init". Open it, and you should find a file named "halot" which when you put the cursor over it will say "Registration Entries." You may be able to copy that into your BW7 "init" folder, and BW7 should find it and unlock HALOT. If I remember correctly, when HALOT first came out the unlock codes were shorter, and I was issued a new code with BW6. So I'm not sure if the code for BW5 will still work. But it's worth a try.
Mark Eddy

freegrace
05-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Thank you Mark! That worked. I really appreciate your help :). I really needed it for something I'm working on. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait until Tuesday when Tech Support was open. May God richly bless you...Joe