PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard for Hebrew Vowel Points?

Joshua Luna
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I am curious, is there a wildcard for Hebrew vowel points? In WTT you can use a question mark in place of possible consonants (e.g. I was recently looking at a class of nouns that followed this pattern: ?y??). Is there a corresponding wildcard for vowels?

Likewise, how would you do a search for a vowel pattern on wildcard consonants (e.g. I wanted to find nouns that followed the qotel pattern)?

Ben Spackman
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Right-click on the command line, and select "Define compound word forms" That will show you some of the advanced options.

Also, make sure you have "vowel-point sensitive searching" enable, it's a also a right-click option. It'll turn one of the four little green boxes yellow, to the left of the command line.

Also, for ease of use, right-click and select "code insertion buttons."

Now, on teh command line, with wtm selected, type a period. Then below the command line, hit the ? three times. Now you can use the arrow to go in, and insert holem and sere in the appropriate places. Then arrow to the end of the line, use the code insertion button for @ and type n* (so you end up with something like .???@n* except with the right Hebrew vowels in there. )

That works for me.

Joshua Luna
05-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the tips and helps Ben. They worked great after I figured out INS-2 ment to hit Insert and then hit 2 (not depress Insert and also hit 2 at the same time). Thanks!