PDA

View Full Version : How to Copy Cross References

onefear
05-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I want to copy a passage from the ESV from BibleWorks 7.0 including cross references and footnotes. AFIK, Copy Center does not pull cross references. When I use Export to .rtf, having selected include notes and cross references, I get them, but with codes. I even clicked Filter RTF Export for Maximum Compatibility in the Export Options Options dialogue. So when I open the file up in the editor or Word I still get something that looks this:

Neh 1:1 The words of <Ra>Nehemiah the son of Hacaliah. Now it happened in the month of <Rb>Chislev, <Rc>in the twentieth year, as I was in <Rd>Susa the capital,<N1> {<p><rsup>a</rsup> ch. 10:1 <p><rsup>b</rsup> Zec 7:1 <p><rsup>c</rsup> ch. 2:1 <p><rsup>d</rsup> Est 1:2, 5; 2:3, 5 <p><nsup>1</nsup> Or [the fortified city] } Is there a way to do this that I don't understand? Thanks.

Clay Johnson

Mark Eddy
05-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I know of only a two-step process. First highlight the verse in the browse window and copy it and paste wherever. Then put your cursor over the verse in the browse window, freeze the window (e.g. by right clicking on it), then move your cursor to the Word Analysis window, highlight the notes, copy them, and paste them wherever. Here's what you get:

ESV Acts 1:14 All these awith one accord bwere devoting themselves to prayer, together with cthe women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and dhis brothers.1
Notes:

a ch. 2:46; 4:24; 5:12; 15:25; Rom 15:6
b ch. 2:42; 6:4; Rom 12:12; Col 4:2; Eph 6:18

c Luk 8:2, 3
d See Mat 12:46
1 Or brothers and sisters. The plural Greek word adelphoi (translated "brothers") refers to siblings in a family. In New Testament usage, depending on the context, adelphoi may refer either to men or to both men and women who are siblings (brothers and sisters) in God's family, the church; also verse 15

Is that what you want?
Mark Eddy

onefear
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes. That works. Thanks! Trying to use some BW functionality instead of the good ol' cut and paste. But this is the only thing that seems to work. Too bad it's verse-by-verse in a larger pericope.

Clay